Space Mark ;; Captain?

Warning ;; Angst
Word Count ;; 348 | Short |

The room was silent, stepping out of your cryopod. Smoke ghosting your movements as you walk forward, eyes lidded tirelessly, staring into the dark oblivion, glowing with stars floating aimlessly till they eventually simmered out, only to begin again. In a way, you found it fascinating a star could somehow grip the way you felt. Endless. Starting over, and over again.

It was too quiet. Something had to have gone wrong. Your eyes turning one side to another, lips pursed, ready to run. Waiting. Waiting for something, anything. As if someone heard, the cryopod to your right cracked open. Smoke clouding your vision, only for a moment.

" Captain? "

His voice croaked. Confused, you walked towards his voice. His eyes blown wide, dry tears staining his face. You dropped you guard to embrace your second hand man. The engineer that seemed to be the only one who knew what was going on. Sticking to you, no matter how many attempts it took. You lost count. You can't remember despite most of them being so mind numbly terrifying they should've been engraved into your skull.

" Hey, Mark... "

You mumbled, storking your hands into his hair. This was unlike him, almost as if he'd seen something. A monster, you assumed.

" Captain, You'll.. You'll never leave me.. Right? "

His voice barely above a whisper. His arms wrappred around you comfortably. You'd forgotten how close you two were. You've missed the constant hugs, praise, and overall affection. You wished you could remember it all, but now, they only feel like memories of someone else. A body you stole, with memories unknown to you, yet you feel for them. No matter how many attempts, you'd make this right.

" I won't leave you. I promise Mark. "

Mark still wonderes what he'd seen. No ghost, no monster. Only the past. Though it wasn't his body he was in.

One rainfilled day. No umbrella, and look here. You're the last to arrive.

Eyes shining, peering up at the extravagant mansion the loomed over you.

You're not his, Captain.

Who are you.