Chapter 2: Encounter

Damon's POV

As I was walking in the pathway through the nearest Inn, for the first time I was delighted by the scenery. Everyone in this city seems to be lively with so much joy in their faces. It was like as if they have no problem to face in a daily basis.

This is the life that I want peaceful and in Joy, my grandma is the 1st person that thought me of it. She made me jealous in every stories she tell me before I go to sleep when I was still a Kid. That made me want to experience everything she experience too in this city with no wrath of the wicked.

I finally got to enter this wonderful yet simple Inn that I intend to stay for a while.
"Good day miss, is there still an available room for one?" I ask the not so old lady in the desk and she just smile before looking into her log book, "Yes, Room 304 is still available, you're lucky it has a good scenery. Follow me Sir." she joyfully said and standup in her sit as she lead me to the pathway where the Rooms are.

"Here is your key, and I'll keep the duplicate incase you miss place the original key, as you can see you will have a very comfortable bed, a couch, and the kitchen has a complete set so you don't need to worry about it you just need to buy yourself a stock of foods and also for how long are you going to stay here by the way?" she asked. And I thought of staying for long and I guess it depends.

"I'm sorry, I still don't know for how long maybe a little longer miss." i said to her.

"That's okay you can stay as much as you want. The 1 month pay will be 65 Golds Sir that already includes the electricity, water and other necessities, and if incase you need to repair something in this room you can call our repair man just downstairs his service already included in your 1 month payment Sir, that's all. Do you have any questions?" it was a lengthy information she utter.

"Nothing, thank you miss." I said, and she just nodded and lead her way out as she bid goodbye.

I halted to the terrace and saw a great and magical scenery as what the lady had mention. It is still a good afternoon to evening I guess because the sun is setting already. I still have a time to buy myself things I need in my room especially foods.

I put aside my baggage and just picked a comfortable clothes to wear, I went out of my room and went outside to buy things, the ambience in the market is similar to my grandma's stories. It is as if there's always a fiesta in town people partying at the nearest bar, busking and the store shopkeepers are so kind.

I am in a vegetable stall and picking some fine cabbage, I was safely positioned as I buy some vegetables and I'm not even blocking the pathway for some buyers. But then a lady stumbled upon me and she jolted me away immediately.

I was stunned maybe she tripped on a stone or whatever, her expression seems like she was hurt. "Are you okay miss? are you hurt?" I asked her, Our eyes met and I find myself staring at her deep blue eyes I won't even lie amongst the women that pass by she has the most different and captivating look.

I blink for a second her eyes was caught amaze but immediately turns into angry, I don't even know why, she's wearing a long coat with a hood it was elegant but I can only see her face. I then looked at her with a questioning look.

"Ano ba tinitingin-tingin mo!?" she shouted as if I deed something to her or her dignity which I will never do my granny raised me well and as I turn to my legal age she made sure I grow up with a much respect especially towards women. "Kung makatitig ka naman sakin parang may masama kang gagawin!! bandit ka no!?" she shouted furiously, and the people around us started to murmur things and that.

So I answered her, "I was just buying some vegetables in this stall, Do I look like I'm a bandit? Bella dama." I asked in confusion, I may look reserved or serious man but I have never and will never have the intention of harming anyone.

I saw her eyes sparkle for a second and immediately turns into blank, "I--I don't k-know maybe? ah! I need to go bye" and she run living me here confused, she looked tensed.

"Don't worry about her Sir, kilala sya dito sa bayan. Mabuting dalaga ngunit minsa'y may pagka mapusok at talaga namang sinisiyasat ang mga taong sa tingin nya ay kahinahinala. Matagal nya nang ginagawa iyan haha ngunit ni minsan ay hindi namin naisip na magiging perwisyo ito sa amin sa halip mas nakatutulong ito upang malaman kung sino ang mabubuti at hindi." the shopkeeper stated while smiling, I just nodded at her and payed the vegetables I bought from her stall, and I halted for a while near a fountain in the center of the market.

I rest for a bit and closed my eyes as I sit at the edge of the fountain, and that ladies face appeared in my head she caught my attention, there's something in her eyes as she stared for a second. There something in me that wants to know her more, but I brush it off I know it's too risky taking in account what the shopkeeper said a minute ago. She's vigilant, she can smell a bandit and a suspicious man at some point she might caught me and send me to the officials if she found out that I am from the Wicked City.

It's better not to encounter or ever met her again that will only ruin my plan, and I don't want any of that to go to waste.

I walked and went back to the Inn, as I entered my room I arranged all the things I bought from the market and I took a shower after. Because of exhaustion I went to my bed and immediately fell asleep.

_____________________________________________________________

Bella Dama (spanish) - Beautiful lady