Chapter 2

All of your siblings had the biggest smiles on their faces as you all ran to the crystal clear water not far from where you stood. You threw your bag down on the sand and whipped off your school uniform coat while simultaneously stepping out of your shoes.

You splashed Lucy with water when she fell down, soaking her clothes in the freshwater. Peter tackled Edmond into the water with a loud laugh. Even Susan waded in the water, laughing at the commotion in front of her.

"Still want to live in England?" you asked, walking up to wear she stood.

She rolled her eyes, "I love Narnia, (Y/N), I just also believed we should have been living our lives while we waited."

Edmond and Peter stopped rough housing and came to stand with you, "I don't remember ruins in Narnia," Lucy said, pointing in the direction of wrecked marble in the distance.

"So where are we?" Peter asked.

You nodded to the ruins, "let's go find out."

You picked up your shoes and bag, making your way to the ruined marble that sat not far from the beach. You walked inside what you could only imagine used to be a hall. There was something familiar about this place, but you couldn't place it.

"Of course!" Lucy shouted, "I know this place."

"What Lu?" Susan asked.

Lucy grabbed your arms and led you to the front of the ruin. She placed Susan on one side of Edmund, then you, then Peter, pointing in all different directions. "Imagine pillars there, and a glass roof, and chairs all over there," she explained.

You took in a deep breath as it finally hit you, it seemed to hit the others at the same time, "Care Paravail," you all whispered in unison.

—------------------------------------

You all poked around the ruins of Care Paravail, looking for any clues as to what happened here. "There is grass and plants growing in here," Susan noticed, "it had to be like this for a long time."

You nodded, "like how long?"

Susan looked in sadness, "at least a hundred years."

"Over here!" Edmond shouted, gathering you all and pointing at rotted wood. "Catapults," he said, "Care Paravail was attacked."

Lucy looked around in sadness as the full weight of what had happened hit her, "all of our friends, they're all gone?"

Susan looked at her with sympathy, "we don't know that for sure Lu."

Lucy shook her head, "I heard you, it had to be at least a hundred years."

You wished you had the rights words to comfort your sister, but you didn't, she was right and there was no way of sugar coating it.

Peter sighed and stood up straighter looking at his siblings before his eyes landed on you, "come on, I think it's time we figure out what is going on."