2.6

IMESSAGE

jamal
hey, can we meet?
I really wanna talk
to you

bella
sure, when&where?

jamal
are you at the
campus rn?

bella
yes

jamal
meet me in the
common room
in 5?

bella
I'll be there

...

I was nervous and curious what he wanted to talk about. My first thought was he wanted to talk about the kiss. Maybe my dad had told him that I knew about their agreement, but that was unlikely.

I opened the door and Jamal was already waiting for me sitting on the couch.

"Thank you for coming," he said.

"Sure, what do you wanna talk about?" I took a seat next to him on the couch.

"Everything. I know an apology isn't gonna change much, but I just wanna say I'm sorry," Jamal started.

I could see how hard it was for him to find the right words.

"I know," I said and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?"

"I know about your agreement with my dad,"

"What? How?"

"I overheard the two of you talk about it and then I confronted him and he admitted the whole thing,"

"When was this? How long did you know?"

"About a week ago I overheard you and when he came back from Berlin, I talked to him," I explained.

"So, when I kissed you, you already knew?" Jamal asked.

"Yeah, I did," I said.

"Why didn't you say anything?" he wanted to know.

"Because my dad told me he'd get me fired and send me back to Nuremberg, if I told you," I sighted.

"I'm so sorry. I wanted to tell you, but I'm not allowed to talk about it, I signed an NDA,"

"He made you sign an NDA?" I asked unable to believe it.

"Yes, they did,"

"What do you mean 'they'?" I asked.

"You don't know? It wasn't just your dad's idea. Julian, our co-trainer, Luis, the head of the marketing team and Celina were there as well," Jamal told me.

"Celina?"

"Yeah. Did you tell her about our first kiss?"

"I did," I couldn't believe Celina could do this to me. I trusted her, when I told her about the kiss and she immediately told them.

"Hey, it's not your fault."

"It's not your fault either," I said,