2.8

The day after the game, I had my second date with Jude. He picked me up at my hotel and we drove to a busier part of the city.

After I fled to the balcony the night before and Jamal had followed me, I returned to the dance floor. This time however, I made sure to put enough space between me and Jude.

Jude and I were walking through the streets of Dortmund our fingers brushing against each other every now and then.

"How long are you staying here?" Jude wanted to know.

"We are leaving in the late afternoon," I replied and he nodded.

"How'd you like the game?"

"I liked it. It was very entertaining. How about you?" I said.

"I would've liked to win,"

"You can't always win. Besides a draw is better than losing,"

"That's some kind of optimism. Do you tell the Bayern players that as well?" he raised a brow and smirked at me teasingly.

"I don't have to. They mostly win. You know first on the table and stuff like that," I teased back.

"I see. I guess I should be excited to see Germany suck at the world cup then," Jude stated.

"You're playing?"

"Of course,"

"Is it your first world cup?" I wanted to know.

"Well, yeah considering I was like fourteen when the last one took place,"

"Right. You're playing for England's national team, aren't you?" I asked.

"I am. Are you going to go to Qatar?"

"To be honest, I haven't thought about it at all,"

"Well, if you do, we'll definitely see each other there," Jude said.

"That doesn't sound too bad,"

"Do you wanna grab something to eat?"

"Sure, do you have a place in mind?" I replied.

"I know a small restaurant, it's usually not as crowded there,"

We went back to the car and after a short drive, we arrived at the restaurant.

We chose a corner table and sat down. Once the waiter came, we ordered our food and drinks.

"Do you already know what you want to do once your gap year is over?"

"I really like working with the media team, but I haven't really thought about it. I was just kind of enjoying the free time,"

"I guess it must have been three pretty relaxing and easy months for you," Jude said.

Easy and relaxing wouldn't exactly be the words I would have used. The past three months were exciting and I learned a lot of new things, met a lot of new people, but sometimes it was hard and painful. I went through a lot of highs and lows.

"Yeah. You could say that,"

A waiter brought our food and we started eating.

...

judebellingham added to their Instagram story