eight

CHAPTER EIGHT:
"NIK, COME WITH ME."

season two -the last dance pt2 !

season two -
the last dance pt2 !

ATHENA FROWNED AT HERSELF THROUGH THE MIRROR. The woman didn't know what to do with her hair, so, she had resulted in curling the ends a bit. The vibe and theme of the dance was the sixties, and well, she didn't particularly enjoy the sixties because Klaus had dragged up and down the streets of New York.

The woman looked down at the ring on her finger. Even throughout all the heartbreak, she never took it off. She's surprised it lasted this long. A millennia to be factual—it had lasted that long, and the marriage hadn't.

Athena wondered why Elijah still wore his, because he did, she had seen it that day in the coffee shop.

It had slipped over her like a silk sheet soothing her to sleep, soft at first before it's suffocating her, but very gently, as if too not harm Athena. But it's all the feelings she feels want to do, harm her. Every time she thinks of her husband and of what they could've been, she ends up hurt, just like Elijah had hurt her.

Athena wished she could get over it. She truly does, but she just doesn't know how. The woman was struggling with everything, and she didn't know how to keep herself stable.

For instance, everything had broken her, knocked her off her feet and into the cold, cold, water where she would spend her eternity drowning.

No one could save her.

Not even the love Arthur and her shared.

That was just puppy love. Infatuation was all it was for Athena, though, she didn't know that.

The first person Athena truly felt a romantic connection with, other than Elijah, had been with Arthur.

But, someone else laid in the mist of it all.

For a thousand years, a man had loved Athena entirely, and that man had been and will always be Klaus.

But, of course, the great know-it-all Athena, didn't know that secret just yet.

Everything with due time. Nothing comes if you rush it, after all. Love is one of the things you shouldn't rush, because then in the end you'll just have a large mess.

And nobody wants a mess in love.

Yet, that's all Athena had in the subject that was love. The woman fell for every lie that came from Elijah's mouth when she knew that he didn't love her. Maybe he did, before, and maybe he still does.