5. Kiss

Win

"Nice joke," he replies.

"Well, I do hope it's a joke. But you better believe my words right now." I say.

"Tell me once when you said something out of concern. Now don't ask me to trust your stupid words. I don't know why you created such a lie. I know you hate my girlfriend and me. That doesn't mean you can do this."

"Oh wow.." I sigh. "Never mind. Just remember I warned you, and YOU were the one that didn't listen to my words. I am off. It's no use arguing with a shithead like you."

I knew this would happen. Even knowing that, I decided to tell him out of concern. As I said, no one can fuck with him. Only I can. So it angers me to know someone has been playing with his feelings.

A few days passed, and all I could witness was Bright being extra lovey-dovey with his girlfriend. He does that to piss me off, I know. Well, it does piss me off. Because that witch would kiss Bright here and kiss someone else behind his back. I don't know how to convince Bright about this.

Bright and his girlfriend leave for their next class and I turn to Nani who's the only one left on the table as Dew left before everyone.

"Earn is cheating on Bright," I say.

"I know." Nani sighs.

"Then- then why this bullshit! Tell Bright right away! I warned him a few days back, but he doesn't believe my words!" I exclaim.

"Bright knows."

"WHAT! Then why's he still with her??"

"I don't know Win. You and Bright can be the most complicated creatures in this world."

"Screw that. Why is he with that cheater? He can break things off, right??" I ask.

"Maybe he doesn't want to."

"What do you mean?? Why stay with a cheater? You mean Bright loves that girl that much?" I ask.

"I don't think that's the case. He barely gives his attention to the girl. You better ask him. Not me" he shrugs.

I badly want to confront Bright about this, but I decide not to. Because as much as I want to know, he won't tell me.

After classes, I meet up with Pear and forget about all the mess with Bright. I shouldn't have meddled with his life and should've ignored his girlfriend cheating on him.

"Where should we go... hmm? Maybe the food festival in the town?" Pear asks cutely.

"Aww. Sure. I will spoil you with tons of food." I reply.

Pear and I leave the college together and take the bus to the food festival. It is around 4 pm when we arrive, and the place is fully lit with bulbs, and the fragrance of food lingers in the air. The place is heavily crowded, so I hold Pear's hand as we walk around together.

We try different food from different stalls, and I love the cheesy french fries the most. Pear falls in love with the strawberry ice cream that has real strawberries submerged in it.

We enjoy our time and talk a lot until we come face to face with non-other, Bright and his girlfriend.

They walk toward us together without holding hands. Bright nods at me and looks away. Pear squeals seeing Earn, and they hug as they've become friends recently.

"You should definitely try the strawberry ice cream!" Pear squeals, taking Earn with her.

That leaves Bright and me alone in the middle of nowhere.