17. Relationship

Win

Prim waves her hand in front of me to break my trance.

"Huh?" I ask, leaving my dream world.

"You have lost your focus Win," she says with a sigh.

"Sorry... I was thinking about something." more like someone. Hehe.

"You are so different now," she mutters.

"Oh, it's no surprise. You saw me last in high school." I nonchalantly say.

"Which was like... two years ago, Win! That's not even a huge time lapse."

"Oh, yeah?"

I try my best to focus on the question paper in the cafeteria, but my mind wanders off to last night. I am still not over the hangover, and the main thing that's bothering my conscience is... this someone that I hate and love at the same time.

I smile to myself alone.

After a while, we hear a little commotion in the corridor. Prim walks over to the notice board as I keep on smiling and becoming a melted marshmallow alone.

How do I face Bright today? Will he treat me differently? Will he-- omg! I don't know anymore.

I see Bright walking toward our table with Nani. They are talking about something, and I feel my stomach doing somersaults, my whole body becoming tingly. I don't know why I am reacting like this after everything.

Bright stops in front of me and finally looks at me. I feel myself melting under his stare, and I wait for him to say something. Meanwhile, Nani walks to the notice board.

I look at Bright, expecting something... I don't know what.

He flicks my forehead.

"Oww."

"Serves you right. For puking on my shirt last night."

"What?! When did I do that??" I ask, recalling. And I... remember. Yes. After the kiss... we looked into each other's eyes. And I suddenly puked on his shirt.

I stand up like an electric bolt.

"Oh," I mutter.

Bright puts his arm around my neck and gently chokes me against his chest.

"I should get back at you."

Then he releases me, much to my surprise.

Nani and Prim join us after a while. Bright visibly rolls his eyes at Prim and sits beside me, sitting closer than usual. Nani snickers at us being like this, and I just want to smack him.

"It's the yearly dance. In two weeks after second-year finals." Prim says to us.

"Sucks. I don't wanna do the exam." I exclaim in utter frustration.

"I'll beat you this time, though," Bright says with a smirk.

"As if!"

"Let's bet then."

"Okay! What's the bet?"

"Favour!"

"Favour?"

"If I win, you do me a favour. If you win, you do me a favour."

"It's literally the same damn thing!"

"Exactly."

"Stop bickering, you two." Nani cuts us off. "So we have to find a date for the dance, right? Exams are like two weeks away. The dance is four weeks away."