Chapter 3 - Jaan~e~KriSa ❤️

Everyone sat outside the delivery room as Nakul stood near the gate & saw Kanha taking strides in the corridor. It's been 30 mins since Sayuri is inside that room & he couldn't be more restless. The pain & fear he saw in Sayuri's eyes ran chills down her spine as he prayed & prayed & prayed. All he wanted was to make sure that his wife & the new born baby is safe & healthy.

He ran down his fingers nervously through his hair as he again tried to see what's going on as he suddenly heard a small cry from inside. He immediately paused in the front of the door.

Everyone else stood up & came near him as they heard a small cry too. Kanha's heart literally skipped a beat or even forgot it beats as he felt his brain going numb. His eyes were stuck on the door as each second passing felt like eternity for him.

Nakul stood beside him as he squealed in excitement, while Saroj, Indu & Dadi started praying even more. But Kanha, his eyes were stuck on that door. Just then when he started getting impatient, Nurse opened that very door & Kanha saw a baby in her hands. His baby, Sayuri's baby, their baby. Tears formed in Kanha's eyes as he couldn't dare look at their child.

The nurse walked towards Kanha as she looked in Kanha's moist eyes, smiled heartily & said, "BETI HUI HAI! Congratulations" As Saroj, Nakul, & everyone squealed in excitement & relief; tears flowed down through Kanha's eyes as nurse ever so slowly handed him the baby. Nakul took out his camera and started recording every bit of this moment.

Kanha ever so slowly looked at her as his tears knew no bounds whatsoever. This nanhi si Jaan was his, was Sayuri's, was theirs. They were a family now. From being each other's arch nemesis, to friends in pain, to life partners, now... Now they are parents.

Kanha just looked at his nanhi jaan as he tightened his grip around her protectively. Her big, doe-like eyes looked around her in curiosity & then finally at her papa while Kanha's curiosity started & finished on her. Until before this moment, he never thought he will ever be able to love anyone as much as he loved Cheeru or as much as he loved Sayuri. But he was wrong. SO WRONG. This little 5 min old baby took his world, his heart, his love for a swing. He would die, kill or live for this small human. He sniffed a snob as he smiled looking at her and mentally promised her to protect & love her at all costs. He slowly kept his one hand on her heart as he felt her heartbeat under her soft pink blanket in sync with his. He closed his eyes as tears finally dropped from his eyes. He was the happiest person in the world right now.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry, I'm interrupting but I need to take her to the nursery for all her other tests to make sure she is perfectly healthy & fine.", said the nurse as she started taking her again in her arms. Kanha went back a little hesitantly as he asked, "Can I, can I go with you to nursery? I don't want to give her to anyone right now..." Nurse chuckled as she nodded in affirmation.

"Ahh! I forgot to ask! Is... Ummm... Is Sayuri healthy. Is she okay. When can I meet her? When can the baby meet her?", asked Kanha as he slapped himself for forgetting completely about Sayuri because of which all of this was ever possible. Nurse smiled as she said, "She is absolutely okay. As soon as she delivered the baby, she went unconscious probably due to fatigue. But rest the doctor will be able to tell you." Kanha nodded as he looked at their angel as he walked away with the nurse.

When he reached the nursery, he was so many babies crying, moving their hands & legs, staring at something continuously as he then looked at their baby and concluded she is the cutest ever. As every child is the cutest ever for every parent.

Nurse turned around to him as she said, anyone except the alloted staff are not allowed to go inside due to sanitation purposes, you have to give me the baby right here & you can see from outside if you want to. "She is very small. Aap dhyan rakhna please. Please.", said Kanha protectively as he gave her the child. Nurse smiled as she assured him she will and just as she was about to leave, something tugged; when she turned behind she saw that nanhi si Jaan has wrapped her whole tiniest hand around her Papa's fingers. Kanha's heart squealed in joy as it did a small cartwheel as he looked at it. He gave an ear to ear smile to his child as she slowly left the finger & nurse went away.