Chapter 5 - Epilogue

Everyone was sitting outside the room as Kanha reached there. He literally witnessed each person's face glow like 1000 bulbs as soon as they saw that he was with their daughter. Saroj came forward & she immediately put a small kala tikka behind her ear & prayed in her ear. Then she looked at Kanha and said, "Aisa lag raha hai mano ek dum tere hi haathon mein aane ke liye bani hai. Kisi ki nazar na lage humari bachi ko." Kanha smiled at this as he said, "Can we go inside? I really want Sayuri to meet our daughter, she deserves to meet her the most." Nakul nodded.

Kanha opened the gate & saw Sayuri lying unconscious on the bed. Kanha looked at her all weak & pale as he gently caressed her hand and he sat near her. He then caressed her forehead as he stared at her with utmost respect & love in her eyes. As he processed all the events that happened within 12 hours he couldn't believe how Sayuri carried this baby for 9 long months. He couldn't even feel 1% of the pain she must be feeling when she was in labour or how exhausted she must have been after delivering the baby. The respect he had for his wife, his maa & every woman in the world increased 100 folds as he kept stroking her hand while keeping a firm grip on their baby.

He placed the baby gently near Sayuri as he said in his baby voice, "Dekho, she is your mom. You were in her tummy for 9 long months. We waited for you to grow & come out strong & now here you are & I genuinely don't know how to feel." The baby reacted a bit as Kanha touched her small belly, caressed her face, bopped her nose & all. "We promise you, we will always love you, protect you & will make you a strong, independent & intelligent woman just like your mumma... Hainaa hainaaaaa..."

Just then the doctor came inside and said, "Congratulations Mr. Krishna Chaudhary." Kanha looked at his jaan as he smiled and replied, "Thanks!".
As Doctor started checking Sayuri's vitals Kanha asked while picking his daughter up, "Doctor, how is Sayuri & why isn't she waking up? Is she okay, is she alright?" "Yeah, she is much better than last night. She is just exhausted & weak Krishna. She will wake up soon. Take care of her, the baby & yourself. You all need it the most.", replied the doctor as she left the room. Kanha nodded as he looked at Sayuri & caressed her hair once again.

It was around 10 mins later, Sayuri opened her eyes slightly & looked at Kanha. Kanha almost yelped in excitement as he held her hand. Sayuri looked around as she came in her senses. Her eyes looked tired as she must have cried alot due to pain. "Water!!! *cough cough* Water!!!", mumbled Sayuri as Saroj came running & helped her drink some water through a spoon.

As she realised where she was & what all has happened, she immediately turned to Kanha as she again murmured, "Baby... Baby theek hai. Baby kahan hai!" Kanha smiled looking at her as he said, "Everything is fine. And ab baby nahi, baby girl kaho. Ladki hui hai."

It was as if all the energy she lost came back within that micro second as Sayuri squealed, "Ladki, lad...ladki hui hai Kanha... Kahan hai mujhe milna hai... Please abhi milna hai..." Kanha smiled as he asked Nakul to help Sayuri sit up a bit as he sat near her & showed her the baby. Sayuri started crying too as soon as she saw the tiniest & the cutest little human in her husband's arms. "Kanha yeh tou bahot choti hai. Hum kaise dhyan rakhenge iska. Yeh tou bahot jyada hi choti hai. Kahin meri godi se gir gayi tou?", cried Sayuri as she hid her face in Kanha's biceps.

Saroj laughed while Indu said, "Tu bhi itni si hi thi, ab dekh, waqt ka pata hi nahi chala aur ab tere pass ek itni si bachi hai." "Sach mein Indu, yakeen nahi ho raha hai humare bacchon ke ab bache hai..." Indu nodded as both Kanha & Sayuri looked at each other & then at their baby. Kanha placed their baby in Sayuri's arms as she held onto her child closely.

The baby immediately got comfy as she held Sayuri's finger. Sayuri's heart exploded as she caressed her baby's cheeks for the 1st time. "Aapko pata hai aap kithe cute ho!!!",asked Sayuri as her tears couldn't stop falling from her eyes. Sayuri's eyes were fixed on their child as she said, "Kanha, her eyes are exactly like you. See! Filled witb naughtiness!!" Kanha laughed as he said, "Yeah now I finally have a member in "Sayuri pareshan karo mission" & we will eat your head."

Sayuri smiled calmly as she looked at him with all the love in her eyes and sincerely said, "Do whatever you want. She is yours Kanha. A daughter always share a special bond with her father. Like I did. Even though I personally wanted a boy, somewhere in my heart, I too craved for a girl so that I can cherish & witness your relationship with her & somewhere live my relationship with my dad via you both. I can't wait for her to sleep on your tummy or fight with me for your love. I know you will be the best dad for her and I want nothing else."

Kanha looked in her eyes as he smiled & said nothing. He just caressed his daughter's face when suddenly she grabbed his finger again too. Now she was holding both of her parents' fingers together as Sayuri literally started sobbing looking at that. Kanha patted her with his other hand as he kissed Sayu's forehead from the side.

Sayuri placed her head on Kanha's chest as they both were looking at their angel with utmost love in eyes when Saroj said, "What should we name her beta!? Originally it was Kusum's right to name her but she insisted on giving you the right to name your baby." Kanha looked at Sayuri as she looked at him and they both together said, "ASTHA". Everyone gasped as Kanha said, "Sayuri and I have always believed in Krishna Ji even in our toughest of times. Even if we lost our everything, we didn't lose our faith. Our Astha." "So we believe, that she, our Astha is a miracle gifted to us only because we kept our Astha intact on Krishna Ji.", completed Sayuri as she looked at her baby doll and kissed her small forehead.

"This is the best day of my life. Even though, I am losing the status of being the smallest member of the family, I don't mind giving it up for her...", laughed Nakul as he continued clicking pictures. Kanha & Sayuri laughed with others as Sayuri said, "Nakul, come and take a selfie with all of us. Come, come." Nakul smiled as he ran towards them and everybody smiled for a selfie. Sayuri & Kanha looked at each & then at Astha, ready to be with each other forever & ever.