ATOTB 10: The So-Called Lost City

PMD World, Morning of January 16th, In Front of the Guild HQ

"So long, Team Stellar!" Ryan said to Rudy and his partners. "And good luck!"

"Rest assured that we'll make sure this guy doesn't do anything stupid," Lena added, poking Avery with a claw.

"Hey!" the umbreon groaned.

"And please hurry!" Sophia chimed in. "I would rather not be a vulpix for much longer..."

Everyone else waved goodbye or even just watched as Rudy and his team left the village for the so-called lost city. After they were completely out of sight, Gelatin finally spoke up about something he had noticed from the beginning.

"Um... has anyone seen Teardrop?" he asked.

Avery shook his head. "Come to think of it, I haven't seen Liy anywhere either..." the umbreon said.

After a quick headcount, Ryan found that there were only twenty objects present at that moment.

"That's strange... I could have sworn there were 24 of them," Kori said.

"That's because there were," Sophia said, rolling her eyes. "The rest are probably just still asleep."

"But isn't Remote one of them?" Ben asked. "She's a robot, do they even need sleep?"

"They call it 'sleep mode' for a reason." She then silently added, 'you dumb rabbit.'

The cinderace nodded. "Ohh... yeah, that makes sense."

"Gelatin," Lollipop said, "I think the two of us should go check on Teardrop."

"Good idea," the gelatinous confectionery agreed, and the two headed for the tents. Avery was about to follow to go check on Liy, but Ryan stopped him.

"Nah, I think you should let the objects check up on each other. I've got the day off from doing guild stuff today, how about I take you, Sophia and Wayne for smoothies, then to come and meet my parents?"

"I'm down," Avery said.

"Wait a minute," Sophia said. "Your parents? That doesn't line up with your story of being a former human from another world..."

The glaceon shook his head. "Oh, they ended up here five years before I did."

"Really? How? And how did you cope?"

"For the first question... its complicated. For the second, I still had my uncle, and he took me in when they disappeared," he explained as the group of former humans, along with Ben and Wayne, headed into the village. "Then, he built a portal and it malfunctioned, which caused us to end up here..."

"What happened to him?"

"...that's also kind of complicated; he's not dead, but he also isn't here anymore either."

"Man, that just gives me more questions," Avery complained.

"I'll explain it more over smoothies... and maybe my parents will have input as well."

0-0-0-0

Meanwhile, back at the camp, Gelatin had arrived at Teardrop's tent.

"Teardrop?" Gelatin called from the entry flap despite knowing Teardrop wouldn't verbally answer. "Hey, are you in here?"

He entered the tent, getting closer to her cot. "...Teardrop?"

When he was next to her cot, he began slapping what he believed to be Teardrop, but he still got no kind of response as Lollipop entered into the tent.