Chapter 1: Stormy

"Blazing Comet Delivery!" I said, moving my goggles to the top of my head, so a sprig of my short-styled, silver mane was under the nose clip. 

We were in front of a Manehatten boutique. It was a warm day, and they had their doors open to invite customers in.

My brother Zephyr touched down beside me. He pulled a clipboard out of his bag. "We just need a signature and we'll be on our way." He said.

"My package!" Exclaimed a salespony, coming to the doorway. The pony was white with a pale blue mane and tail, and long eyelashes. "I've been waiting so long for it. Thank you."

I pulled the cardboard box out of my saddle bag.

"Glad we could help ma'am," Zephyr said, getting her signature.

I handed her the package, and Zephyr took his clipboard back.

***

"Where to next?" I asked, pulling my goggles back down.

"Looks like..." He checked the clipboard. "We're done for the day."

"Oh?" I asked, looking over his shoulder.

He was right, we were finished up for the day.

"Want to get some lunch before we head home? I'll buy."

"Sure. How about sandwiches and fries at Jimmy's?"

"Sounds good to me. Except for one thing."

"What's that?"

"Race you there!" I shouted and took off down the street at a full-on gallop.

"Oh, it is so on!" He shouted, galloping after me.

I leaped into the air, snapping my wings out. With two powerful strokes, I was in the air. We both knew the fastest way to Jimmy's was to fly.

This is also a perk to our mane and tail styles. It's not a uniform, we just prefer the style to reduce air resistance when flying.

My silver mane is styled in a short "flippy" style. As for my tail, it's in a braid.

Zypher's mane is cut short except for some in the front to give him bangs. His tail is also in a braid.

I glanced back, he was picking up speed.

Neither one of us aspired to be a Wonderbolt, but we were fast enough for the family business and did like to race.

Our younger sister Flurry on the other hoof didn't care to. Instead, as soon as she became a Mare, she went to Canterlot and joined the guard.

"Ugh!" I grunted as I rocketed to the right, then swooped downwards, trying to lose him.

Wouldn't you know it? He followed close behind. I couldn't shake him!

"You're gonna have to try better than that!" He shouted, now only a few feet behind, his wings flapping hard.

I could see Jimmy's on the next street over. I could also smell the food even from this high up.

I started my descent. I had to control my speed, otherwise, I might crash into the restaurant.

My hoofs clicked on the rooftops across the street.

I kept running, so I could jump off the ledge, and glide down. Landing in front of the doors.

I ran to the opened doors just as a shadow crossed over me, and Zypher glided through the doors, and into the restaurant.

"Woohoo! Looks like I won." Zephyr announced, pulling his goggles off, tossing them into his saddle bag.