two

the sound of your shoes on the hard wood floors were all that could be heard throughout the guild, that and the silence of your guildmates.
"y/n!" kalypso looked up in your direction from the table in the middle of the hall, as she was in the middle of an arm restle against erelah, who was struggling greatly.

"what's going on in here?" you asked, raising a brow.
everyone in the guild hall looked around each other, as if to ask eachother who would answer your query.
"why did no-one tell me we were arm wrestling?"
everyone stayed silent, until vera spoke up, glaring at everyone around the guildhall.
"we did tell you, you probably just forgot... lunatic," she grumbled, continuing to wash glasses behind the bar.

"huh... i didn't think i'd ever forget something like arm wrestling... weird, but okay," you began, sitting yourself down at one of the tables and putting up your arm, "so who's going against me?"

everyone audibly gulped in unison, except lakyn, the water god slayer of the guild. she sat herself down opposite you, joining hands.
"hey!! ryder, come count us in!" she called out to her brother, who waddled over, nodding and counting in from three.

the two of you sat in a standstill for what felt like an eternity, shadows swirling around your wresting fist, black water surrounding lakyn's. kalypso let out a short gasp from her table.
"that's not allowed!" she exclaimed, pointing towards you.

seeing her opportunity, erelah slammed kalypso's hand down, cheering at her victory.
"bitch, bitch, bitch!" she chanted, jumping up from her seat and doing a cute victory dance. you stopped in your tracks, breaking out of your own match.
"we'll continue this later," you sighed, turning to erelah, "erelah, who taught you that word?"
the young girl blew a raspberry at you in response.

you groaned, parting your lips to speak again, though cut off at the sound of knocking on the guildhall's door. everyone silenced, except you, who turned towards ryder, the only male member of moon selkie.
"get the door, bitch," you ordered, placing a hand on your hip.

lakyn sneered.
"i'm the only one who can talk to my brother like that." she leered at you, "get the door, bitch."
"yes ma'ams!" he exclaimed, jogging towards the door and pulling it open, then letting out a girlish shriek.

"are we under attack?!" gwen yelled, jumping into a stance that showed she was ready for battle. ryder shook his head.
"no, worse... men."

you let out a horrified gasp, making your way over to the door to send them away.
"really? you think i'm a man? i'm offended, i'm totally a chick! my name's mirajane. y'know, that hot babe from sorcerer weekly? and this is my sis, lisanna. lizzy for short," the tallest spoke up, crossing his arms. he was muscular with broad shoulders, and a helmet that resembled that of a knight's obscured his face.

the other tall one, a blond, in response to this story, leant over to his friend and whispered.
"i thought i was mirajane..."
"it's first come first serve, sorry girl!" the knight cleared his throat, then gestured towards the only one that was clearly a woman, "this is our brother, elfman."

the woman let out a loud shriek of rage at that.
"how–! you would compare me, the true fairy queen, to that buffoon?!" she exclaimed.
you sighed, glaring at the knight.
"you're too manly, get out," you spat, beginning to shut the door as he begged you to wait.
"please, i can prove it!" he told you.

you tilted your head to the side.
"fine then. show us your boobs." you smirked, earning a chuckle from evergreen. "ryder, cover your eyes," you ordered. ryder covered his eyes frantically.

the rest of your guildmates watched in amusment as this went down.
"i don't feel very comfortable showing my cherryade bazookas to strangers," the knight argued, frowning, "but watch this!"

the blond leaned over to him once again.
"what are you gonna do?" he whispered. the knight shrugged, then stuck out his tongue for you to see, clearly forgetting about the guildmark that sat right in the middle.
"oh my! you have the most... feminine tongue that i've ever seen!" you exclaimed, quite curious to figure out what they were up to.

you smiled, allowing the knight to enter, alongside the brunette and another person with long, green hair, who had been silent the entire time. you slammed the door shut on the blond man, who was looking miserable. absolutely devastated.
the rest of his team all looked back at him.

"why can't you let... lizzy in?" the brunette wondered, "are you judging her genetics? you have to let her in, because she's just out in the cold!"

"right... mhm," you nodded, donning an extremely sarcastic tone.
"you know what? we really thought that this guild could be a safe space for me to escape my husband– but i can see that we were wrong. if lizzy isn't allowed to enter, then i'm afraid that we will all be leaving," the one with green hair finally spoke, shaking his head.

lakyn frowned, feeling somewhat bad, even though it was very obvious that this was all some kind of elaborate scheme.
"i see... my apologies, i didn't see it that way," you sighed, pulling the door open once again to allow for the blond's entry.