eight

as the night went on, you noticed what a nice atmosphere mermaid heel had in comparison to your own guild. soka was definitely enjoying herself, she had always been the flirtatious type, with any woman that she had an interest in, but you'd never seen her so interested in someone like she was with kagura.

you placed a hand on your hip, your gaze falling on a short girl, who seemed to have cat ears and a tail. she instantly made her way over to erelah and kalypso, shouting "kitty, kitty!" as she approached their exceed partners.

you had been chatting with a green-haired woman with a thick accent, her name was arana, and she was very sweet. eventually, lakyn appeared behind you, placing a hand on your shoulder,
"kagura wants to talk to you in the master's office." she spoke up, giving you a minute to excuse yourself from the conversation with your new found friend.

you stood to your feet, following the girl to a room in the back of the hall, where kagura stood. the woman guestured for the two of you to sit down, to which you complied.
"mermaid heel's guildmaster is on business as of current, so i am in charge, will that be an issue?" she asked you, to which you shared no complaints.
"of course not, the same goes here, if it so happens that you cannot reach me, then i would want you to go to lakyn." you added.

kagura nodded,
"the terms of our guilds being allied forces will include coming to eachother's aid, if necessary, and from what i can tell, moon selkie is extremely capable." she began, "though i must ask... do you intend to rely on mermaid heel constantly?" she asked.
"of course not, as you said, moon selkie is extremely capable, and even if we weren't a strong guild, we intend to form other alliances with nearby guilds also." you informed.

"i see, may i suggest that you become allies with fairy tail then, they're an extremely strong group, my sister is a member there... you remind me a lot of her, lakyn." the woman smiled.
"that's... so cute! you kinda remind me of my little brother now that i think about it, so i guess that makes me your new sister!" the red-haired woman grinned.

"we won't be involving ourselves with fairy tail." you sneered, lakyn nodding her head in agreement.
"what?" kagura furrowed her brows,
"fairy tail's already shown how little respect they have for us, they've sent men to infiltrate our guild undercover... and they didn't even try to disguise themselves."
"how odd, that doesn't sound like the fairy tail i know."