three

"so... what do you think they're really up to?" lakyn asked you, glancing at you from across the table. you gritted your teeth.
"i'm not sure yet... it's just unbelievable that they would go so far as to infiltrate our guild, as men. they didn't even try to disguise themselves," you sighed, shaking your head, "fairy tail..."

lakyn looked around the room, then pointed towards freed.
"there's one of them now, why don't you go and talk to him?" she suggested.
"hm, i'd like to find out why they're here before i jump to any conclusions..."

only a few seconds passed before freed's eyes landed on you, sending a short wave your way as he noticed your staring.
"uh!-" you shrieked, turning away as you felt your face heating up from the embarrassment of the situation.

"are you... blushing?" kalypso laughed, placing a hand on your shoulder from behind.
"i am not!" you spat, crossing your arms.
"oh my, it seems master y/n has a crush..." soka giggled.

you shook your head, getting to your feet.
"i don't. and to prove it, i'll go and talk to 'her' right now!" you exclaimed, marching over to freed.
"is everything alright, guild master?" he smiled warmly, causing your heart to speed up.
"huh? well... uh... yeah, everything is fine! what about you?" you exclaimed, "i do hope you're, um, settling in comfortably."
"i'm alright... lisanna and mirajane are still getting ready for the day, so they should be down here soon."

"i see... and... i never caught your name," you blinked, tilting your head sideways.

"my name? ah... it's cana, cana... alberona." he nodded, seeming quite unsure of his choice.
"last time i checked, cana alberona didn't have green hair, but whatever," vera spoke up, serving a cup of juice to erelah. your gaze shifted towards your guild's trusty bartender, and then to the man once again.

"i'm sure you're thinking of somebody else... maybe with a similar name?" he excused, shrugging his shoulders.

vera crossed her arms.
"right..." she nodded, choosing not to continue.

you cleared your throat.
"and... the other girl. elfman, was it?" you smiled, raising a brow at the questionable name choice.
"well... you see, that's evergreen... elfman is her... boyfriend? they just like to joke around like that!" he nodded his head once again, crossing his arms over his chest, "you know... i might go and check up on them, see why they're taking so long."
"of course, take your time."