Knife to the throat

Knocking was apparently unheard of for Patton.

He'd barge in more times than Roman would like to admit, taking any time of the day as an invitation into Roman's room.

Today, Roman had fallen victim to Patton's antics once again, the other opening up the door, inviting himself in and walking over to Roman who sighed.

"Roman!" Patton smiled, tilting his head in confusion at Roman's unimpressed expression, "what's with the face? Cheer up!" Patton put a hand on Roman's shoulder, patting him before Roman lightly shrugged him off.

"Uh, yeah, do you maybe wanna sit down for a sec?" Roman ran a hand through his hair, putting a hand out, gesturing to his bed.

"Oh! Okay then!" Patton said with a skeptical laugh, sitting down on the bed across from Roman who was in his chair.

"Patton, please don't take this the wrong way. I... I really don't want to upset you, but, uh," Roman took a deep breath, "I don't really like how you always come into my room... uninvited." Roman stopped talking after his sentence, snapping his mouth shut like he expected Patton to explode.

Patton's grin faltered a little, "Roman, I had no idea!" Patton's expression faded to something of disdain "I had no idea you hated me that much." Patton stared down at his lap, now fidgeting with his hands.

Roman opened his mouth to speak, stopping himself as he saw Patton's eyes fill with tears, the internal debate of if Patton was faking or not ever prominent in Roman's head, eventually giving in and hugging Patton.

"Pat- I'm sorry, it's really not a massive deal, I mean, maybe just knock next time?" Roman was cut off short when he felt something too shap against his stomach, breath stuttering.

"You're very right when you say it's not a big deal. In fact, you're going to suck it up and deal with it," Patton pushed Roman back so that the pocket knife was against Roman's neck, Roman titling his head up, barely breathing in an attempt to not be sliced, "I enjoy coming in here, and you do too, don't you, sweetness?" Patton hissed into Romans ear, Roman going to protest before feeling the blade push deeper, instead nodding his head the tiniest bit, taking a massive gasp of air when the blade retreated.

"Goodie!" Patton beamed, "Now, we're gonna start all this again, m'kay! Now, start with the part where you say you're happy to see me."

The rest of the conversation felt as if it passed in a blur, Roman unsure if any of this actually happened or Remus had just slipped something into his food.

Whatever it was, Roman just hoped it wouldn't become a regular thing.

But Patton had other plans entirely, and the both of them knew it.

————

This is literally the shortest, shittiest, tiny little excuse of a oneshot I've written, so sorry guys!! I'm trying to get back up to date by the end of the weekend (I just made that up but I'll roll with it!).