Chapter 8

Previously~

[System: Understood, details for "Task Request"

Task

Sneak into the Duchy of Astria, on the south and find the hidden key to the vault of the ring of Aegeus.

Remain unknown and come back safely, host#14442 and system ωαι1Fυ135. We wish you the best and godspeed]

"WHAT THE FUC-"

End of Flashback

"WHAT THE FUC-"

[HOST NO SWEARING!!!]

"I've been swearing this whole time and yet you only react now?!"

[It's rude and disrespectful!]

"To whom? There's only the two of us here!"

[To the main system of course!]

"It's not even here!"

[I- but it's still considered rude!]

"Ugh there's no use talking to you"

[Fine then!]

"Anyways don't I get a beginners pack or items to use to complete this task?"

[I thought there was no use talking to me?]

"Don't be a brat now"

[I'm not a brat!]

"Whatever, just give me an answer so we can quickly start planning on how I'm supposed to clear this task"

[Aren't you uncomfortable?]

"With what?"

[With the thought of infiltrating someone else's house? It's considered trespassing which is a crime y'know?]

"Yeah, I'm totally fine with it as long as I'm not harmed in any way and besides it didn't state I needed to harm anyone when doing the task so..."

Adrian gave Cleo an unbothered expression, it translated to Cleo as Adrian asking him why he had even bothered to ask, as if the situation was of trivial matter.

[.....]

"What?"

[I'm considering wether I should check you in for psychotic or just practical]

"...."

"Whatever, we still have a task to complete"

Adrian rolled his eyes while he unwillingly descend from the warm covers of the bed. He was grumbling to himself as he walked off towards the dresser to get himself changed into his night clothes which he had freshly purchased from the shop.

It was overall a black outfit for better blending in with the dark and it was also stylish, Adrian quotes. The ensemble consisted of a pair of black grip gloves used for tasks that requires dexterity, it allows the user to freely move their fingers and hands.

He wore a black loose tunic as his top and black leggings for better movement, to hide his appearance he wore a leather cloak and black mask.

Finally he wore 2 inch heeled, lace up boots that reached up to his knees as the elevated heels helps the boot dig into the ground, offering a better grip on incalculable terrain and if he were to be involved in a fight he would use the heels to stomp on the others crotch area. (This was made to sound practical, courtesy to Adrian's request. Yet, we all know he just wanted to be stylish)

He stepped out of the dresser and sauntered towards the bed to collect his belongings before he and his partner in crime -Cleo, head out to go trespass- visit the Astria's property.