I. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

You are shaking fists &

trembling teeth. I know: You

did not mean to be cruel. That

does not mean you were

kind.

THE MAN

THE MAN

before them, reeked of despair. Which meant it was working... The torture they inflicted.

No food, no water. Confined to one position in a dark and claustrophobic room.

His hands are bound, but so were his eyes. The senses flailed about, trying to grasp anything they could.

The smell, the taste... Only to find nothing. Except the water drops that dripped from the wooden beams, and the damp air that filled their lungs.

"Ask him again."

"¡ Dónde se esconde Roba?"

"¡ No lo sé! No lo sé! Siempre se ésta moviendo!"

"¡ Eres su mano derecha Gilberto! No me mientas!" He whimpers to her yells and sobs into the void.

Not an answer to their question. So they continue.

Ghost's boots are loud against the linoleum floor, where he stops before the bound man.

Nothing, it's quiet... Until he brings the knife down on the victim's widened fingers.

Then there are screams, petrified horror. With the blood, dripping down in waves.

"Now you either tell us where Roba is...Or I'll cut more comprende?!" The man continues to scream, but they're numb to it. The blade pressing on his knuckles, so he screams louder.

" ¡ Está en la plantación! En el lado de la montaña! ¡ Por favor, eso es todo lo que sé! ¡ Ten Piedad!" Ghost glances over his shoulder, her figure approaching with the demon mask highlighted by the fluorescent lights through a newly shattered window.

She is dark.

Ripping off the blindfold to spit the words with disdain.

"¡ No tenemos piedad de gente como tú!" She slits his throat like scissors on paper, shallow. So the blood sprays, not leaks.

Shallow where he will suffer in pain before being given the freedom of death.

She watches him choke with fury in her eyes.

"Where is he?"

" His plantation. It's covered in jungle on the side of the overhead mountain." The jungle, it's where she was trained. More comfortable in the widened trees than in any city around.