Chapter 12: Admit It to Self

Harry's POV

Suffocated

Suffocated with thoughts

Suffocated with feelings

Just... stuck.

Yup. I'm stuck in between life and reality. Life is a state from when an organism is born to it's death. Reality is something you have to put up with because it's real and and present. Life and reality are the same thing. Life IS reality. And my reality, well, my reality is that I'm stuck in a situation I never thought I'd fall into. This was how my life was supposed to be, a reality of an unresolved mess. I guess I never saw it coming. I mean, why would I? It's something that hit me out of the nowhere, even if I knew deep down in me that it was gonna happen. It's like summer vacation. You enjoy your days of freedom until one day you open your eyes to the sound of your alarm clock indicating your first day of school. And even if you knew your summer was close to end when all those advertisements about school supplies and school clothes showed up on tv you were oblivious to it. You were oblivious until that day when you open your eyes and your freedom is gone. That's what happened to me. But no, I'm not talking about my freedom. I'm talking about my feelings, my messed up feelings.

"Niall?" are you alright?" I heard Liam ask from the hall way. I sighed. I didn't mean to be mean to Niall, he didn't deserve it. I was just mad when I bumped into him and I sort of exploded.

I pulled at my curls mad at myself. Should I call Melissa? I know I have to and apologize but what if she doesn't want to hear from me? I hope not, I really truly need her to help me out. But what if what she's helping me with is really not the way to work things out? What if she's right? My mind trailed off to our argument from earlier.

*FLASHBACK*

I was at her flat sitting on the couch waiting for Melissa, who was on the phone, to come back to watch the movie with me. She had been gone for like fifteen minutes already. Did she forget I was even here?!

"Hey, I'm sorry, it's just that Jack was being an idiot and wouldn't let me go," Melissa said as she sat down next to me. I stared into the animated lives in the tv and shrugged.

"What? Did I say something wrong?" she asked me.

"No," I said with a harsh tone.

"Harry, are you m-mad at me?"

"No, why would I ever be mad at you?!" I said sarcasm evident in my voice.

"I- I don't understand?" she said again not letting it go. And that's when I exploded.

"Okay, you want me to explain? I'll explain. I came over here to visit you, to cuddle you, to chat, but since I got here all you've done is chat to that Jack! You've been flirting with him nonstop and right in my presence, how do you thing that makes me feel?"

"Okay, first of all Harry you need to take it down a notch cause I'm not gonna tolerate your tone of voice okay? And second of all, are you JEALOUS? Cause if you are you have NO right."

"Of course I'm not JEALOUS! like you said, I don't have any right, but I find it rude that your flirting with him while being in a relationship with me!"

"It's not a real relationship and you know it!"

"It's still a relationship!"

"How can this be a real relationship when you're in love with someone else?!" she shouted. I glared at her and stood up. she mirrored my actions.

"I. Am. Not. Y-you're crazy! You know, you should go back to that center for crazy people because that's what you are! You're crazy!" I yelled. Her eyes teared up with tears.