Summer

"Veronica, I am so delighted that you wanted to go to tennis camp this year."

Veronica held her phone to her ear as she steered the old car with her other hand.

Frowning slightly as her mom excitedly bpabberdd about how happy she was.

"Dare I say you might finnally make some real friends?"

Veronica grimaced as her mother's sickly sweet drawl echoed around the small car on speaker. Ever since she was in middle school she hadn't been exactly popular. Especially with the incident in 7th grade.

Ever since then she had stayed home, separate from everyone else. Her mother constantly nagging. Her house might have been one of the largest in Sherwood, and her family was quite rich, money didn't solve all your problems.

"Oh mama that's very rude. What about Oscar winner Olivia Coleman?"

"Your pet lizard is not a friend. Remember what doctor gratch said- to move on-"

Blah blah blah

Mr Gratch this, Mr Gratch that.

Veronica took the moment to make wierd swishing sounds with her mouth to the speaker.

"Mom I cant-"

"-makes must open up to New experiences-"

"..bridge.."

"Veronica can you hear me?"

"...hear..."

Veronica hung up as she leaned back against the car seat. Placing both hands on the wheel and sighing nervously. This was going to be a rough summer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well it took me all of 45 minutes to realize that this was a big mistake.

I was a Billie Jean King in a sea of Maria sharapovas.

But my pilgrimage wasn't all for nothing. My entire life was about to change. And it all started with her.

Her blonde hair tyed back in a low ponytail, her tennis racket smacked the ball, richoshaying it accross the court and smacking a girl's phone right out of her hand.

The girls looked up in shock and suprise-  the three obviously watching the video.

She simply gave a little wavy of her hand and smiled sweetly.

Heather Chandler.

She doesn't know it yet but we're about to become besties.

~

The bathroom at this place is public to all the girls in this wing.

Brushing your teeth in the morning exposes you to all kinds of gossip you'd rather just stayed out. 

"How did you even get the video?"

Two girls had strutted in, wearing sexy pajama shorts and a top. Badly comparing to the oversized t-shirt and shorts I wore past my knees.

"I'm not revealing my sources, it's just kind of messed up. She's our age and she works here... And everyone has seen her sex tape and- are you listening to us?"

I jumped at being directly addressed, wiping away the toothpaste on my mouth as I straightened up.

"No."

I looked away- then back. They were still staring with disgusted grimaces.

"You just have this like- really wierd energy that I don't uh. Really know what to do with."