(Ch. 4) Curtis

You can hear the stream from which the river flows, birds singing and the sound of the wind hitting the leaves of the trees.

''Ugh.. Where I am?'' I looked around and smiled when I realized.

"Yawn.." I got up and woke up a ferret I named Becky.

"Becky could you get us some berries" She agreed and leaved cave. After she leaved i walked to the river to wash my face, when I wanted to take water in my hands, I suddenly see a handsome man, cold ruby ​​eyes and crimson hair. He looked evil, as if he wanted to devour me.

I almost fell over, I looked at the man red eyes and hair as if waterproof if not a mermaid cause they in ocean then a snake cause there is no fish beastman. 'Curtis!'

I sat down in front of him and raised my hand to touch his cheek to feel if it was real.

"Crimson as if devil from hell" I murmured.

He looked shocked at my move and words. After few seconda he smirked and I blushed and retracted my hand.
He grabbed my hand and put it to his cheek like a good dog. I blushed even harder at which he flicked his tounge as if happy.

"Hello famale" he smiled and said to me after exchanging glances.

"Hi.." I said still blushing.

he stared at me for a moment, reaching up with his hand to brush back my slightly elongated fringe.
"Why are you hiding such eyes?"
He looked into my eyes as if looking for answer.

My eyes flashed a light as if remembering something bad.
"They bloody.." I said with lighty smile.

"Bloody ocean" He said smiling

"They don't bother you?" I said, playing with the strand of his hair that was closer to the edge

"No, they beautiful, warm to your loved ones and cold to enemies" He stopped and started playing my strand of hair. "Like that ferret and a wild boar"

I look up at him and laught.
"Hehe.. so you were observing me"

"Mm.. you were interesting.. and gorgeous" as he looked at me i thought he was allurig.

"Such evil snake" I mummled.

At the same thought i was getting wet. And it seems he could smell my lust as he flicked his forked tounge and smirked at me.

"Hehe.. It seems you found me the same. I am Curtis. What's your name famale?"

I looked into his eyes and could seen he doesn't have any bad intentions.
"Allison" I stopped for while "After my parents died my uncle told me its beautiful name for loved, strong in heart gentle person, flower of pasion.. My parents wanted me to be loved by people but after they died i was killing people. Irony no?"I looked at ground not willing to look up.

Curtis looked at famale at smiled gently. "You love animals don't you? You could even survive alone and even share your pray to animal which have nothing to do with you. You strong and loving" I looked up at him dazed "And you blooded your hands to live don't you? I could felt desire to live" He sat next to me and put his arm on my shoulder, as I took my time looking into his eyes I started crying and hug him. He hug me back.

After I took my time crying we sat next each other as I sat my head at his shoulder and thought thing out.

'Curtis.. from what I can remember he was toxic.. But he sweet.' I stared at kim as he was playing my hair. 'From what I know most part of beast man are easy to understand and I could see he was telling truth.. Can I have him? Such sweet man'

"Curtis" I said to him and he looked down at me. "Hmm.." It was his keep talking.
"Why you talked to me" I looked into his eyes looking for answer "Do you wanted be my mate or something"

"Yes" such straightforward answer
"Then I'll take you as my mate just will you allow me take others? Because from what I know snakes often kill famale other mates"

He seems little shocked at sudden question but still answer.
"Though I personally don't want but from my legacy i know that many famales either died from cold, starvation or were kidnapped by other ferals. From what I seen you can hunt and has your secrets but I still wouldn't let you be alone" we had moment od silence as he started talking again "Well as long you love me even after you take others I think i won't kill them"

"Hm.. then I won't mate with you until we have deeper feelings between us so your mark will be at my heart" I smiled and hug his arm.

I could tell he was shocked and happy at the same time. Then i throught about my origin but my rumbling belly stopped my thoughts. I heard a restraining soft chuckle above me.

I puffed my cheeks, stood up and walk into the cave leaving smiled snake behind me.

Becky come back with berries so I used berries on pork though it would be better with beef but still. From what i know snakes can't have hot food so i sliced him few rew pieces so I won't eat alone.

After breakfasty Curtis sat leaning against the rock and I sat at his tail.
"Curtis firstly I must tell you about my origin. Will you believe me if I told you I am from another world?"
I look up at him, he seems think about something

"Though its something i don't have even in legacy but i can tell from your talking to animals and these wierd clothes and wepons." He looked at me puzzled.

"Yeah. In my word we have many famales, in basically 50/50 males at famales, and males don't have beast form, before you ask how we can live then I'll tell you that we human crated many thing that we became the strongest and males don't have fight after all we don't have hunt. But there don't important." I stopped at while and took deep breath "I have something we call magic"as I rise my hand and with magic I summoned one of my daggers, then sent my spiritual link to few birds on the tree "Or like talking to animals.. What else to tell you.. Hmm.." I poundered for while and then I realized the most important.

"Famales here has estrus once a year right?" I looked at him to confirm my thoughts, as he nodded i continued talk "We human famales have it 12 times a year."

He looked shocked at my words then started muttering "Seems she will need more protection than i thought, firstly she beautiful and now that.."

I started laughing at him and for the rest of the day we start getting know each other, hunt dinner, and hug to sleep.

_______________________________________

And there is 1175 words.