Chapter 9

Master Key to Call Off Work

Bang! Bang bang!

Shim Myunghan, secretary of Kim Junsu, president of the Hunter Association, was standing in front of an old door called the Yeongchun Inn.

He arrived near midnight yesterday.

Byeolcheon-ri, Yeongchun-myeon, this narrow Ganju-gun.

The sea was beautiful, but the village was very remote, so finding a common convenience store was hard.

After wandering through such a quiet alley for a long time, he finally found a place called Yeongchun Inn.

Yeongchun Inn was written on the three-story building in faded navy blue paint, so it was easy to miss.

Myunghan knocked on the door over and over again.

But no one came out.

Rather, it was the women association's chief of the building across the street.

"Should I report that there is a man hanging around in front of the house of a single woman...?"

Seeing the women association's chief terrifying eyes, Myunghan had no choice but to step back.

The next day.

Myunghan was knocking on the door of the Yeongchun Inn again.

He took advantage of the time when the women association's chief was away for a while.

Bang! Bang!

But no matter how much he knocked on the door, Junghyo didn't come out.

Myunghan became impatient.

What if he really gets reported to the police?

Maybe Myunghan should call the police before that.

There's nothing he can do now.

The only way to check the safety of Miss Junghyo, who can't be contacted, is to open this door.

Actually, he doesn't think Junghyo will be in this old inn, but he never knows.

It might have been a problem with sleeping in this decrepit inn building or something—.

'My mouth will get twisted. Ah.' (t/n: 입 돌아간다 means something like when you sleep in a cold place without a proper item for insulation, you might die.)

Myunghan lightly put mana on his fingertips.

Myunghan was a B-Class Hunter.

It has been four years since he joined the Hunter Association, rejecting all offers from Korea's leading guilds, with Kim Junsoo, who was active as an S-Class Hunter.

It was good to be a personal secretary to the president of the association, but for four years, he couldn't do anything like a secretary and was acting as a stalker for Junghyo.

Ha... The president of our association is really...

At this rate, this wooden door would probably— break rather than open.

It was then.

Myunghan's body was rather thrown out by some force.

'....?'

"Hoaam! Why are you knocking on the door so early!"

At the same time, the wooden door, which had been firmly closed, burst open.

Did you sleep here?

"M, Miss Junghyo...!"

"What do you mean Miss Junghyo? How old am I to still be called Miss Junghyo?"