Chapter 29-Time Machine

DAY ONE
"Secrets are like zombies, they never truly die"

MILES HERNANDEZ

We were now driving towards the hospital my brother was staying in. I was trying so hard to focus on the road, but I swear to god it was so hard, while I was still under the trance of the beautiful woman sitting next to me. The fact that I had taken her virginity just 15 minutes ago had me mad.

Not to mention that I was still fucking hard.

Even though this was her first time, sex with Nora was just something else. She had me feeling all sorts of things in a matter of 30 minutes. She turned me into a literal animal. And I want her to be the only one who gets to see this side of me.

Only her.

And those sounds. Dios, the sounds that come out of her lips through her throat, they're going to be stuck in my mind for a couple of weeks. Months maybe.  She looked so innocent at first but, boy was I wrong. She tends to surprise me every single time. And if anything, I loved surprises.

Now, sitting in my car with her, I can't even keep my hands off of her. I place my hand on her thigh as she looks out the window. I had a really rough night last night, and I've thanked god several times that she was here. With me

She was my literal everything. And I've never experienced any love like the kind she gives me. Even though I've only been in one relationship before. I feel like I want to protect her from this crue world and be everything she dreamed as a kid

I belong to her, and she belongs to me

ᶠᵒʳ ⁿᵒʷ
____________________________________
NORA RODRIGUEZ

I get startled when Miles suddenly grabs my thigh. This wasn't really a good move considering he was just fucking me not so long ago and I was still very much horny.

As usual.

I try to concentrate on the view outside my window, but I just couldn't while his hands was literally. Right. There. We slowly get closer to the hospital. I now come for realize why this hospital was so familiar last night. This was Colorado Springs Health Center.

The hospital were my sister was born...

6 years ago;

"Come here sweetie, the doctors will take care of your mommy" the nice nurse tells me.  Mom is about to give birth to my baby brother or sister.

I don't think mom is okay. She was screaming all the time while we were coming to the hospital. I'm scared that something will happen to her.

The nice nurse takes my hand and takes me to a room full with toys. There are so many kids inside. "Why don't you make some friends while we take care of your mom?" The nurse asks me.

All the kids were small, and I was 12. This is so not fun. She leaves me there and I go and find a seat. This was going to be so boring.

The walls are all painted in bright colors that hurt my eyes. Ew. They should have painted them black. Or grey. I'm so bored. I don't even have a phone like all the other kids to have fun with.

A few minutes later, I see the nice nurse come in again, but this time with a boy. He doesn't look so young. In fact, he looks just about my age. But he's a boy. Eww. She tells him some stuff.

The boy looks sad. So sad. His eyes were always on the ground. I wonder why he's so sad. The boy starts walking towards the seat next to me, then sits.

I turn to look at him, but his eyes are still on the ground. "Why do you look so sad?" I suddenly ask out of curiosity. His eyes lift up. His gaze softens. Wow. His eyes are so pretty. They're in the shade of my favorite chocolate brand.

"Because I AM sad, don't you see?" He says back. He's a real dumb-dumb. I turn my head away from him. "Why are you sad". He doesn't answer for a minute. "My mom is really sick" he finally says

That must be sad. I keep looking at him. "I think my moms sick too, she's been screaming all the time right before we came here because she has a baby in her stomach, I don't know what's wrong with her" i say.

He turn his head to me, and then he smiles. The smile soon enough turns into a laugh. His laugh is so nice. Why can't I have a smile like that?

"She isn't sick, that's just what happens before you give birth you dummy. What are you, 4" he says. Oh. So that's why. I start laughing with him too. I think he's the only nice boy I've ever met.

I don't even get a chance to ask him his name, when the nurse comes back in and tells me my mom wants to see me. I wave the boy goodbye as he smiles

PRESENT TIME
I get taken out of my thoughts when Miles parks the car. We exit the car and start walking towards the hospital hand in hand. As we go up, my eye catches the nurse that was taking care of Jace, which I had recently learned her name was Zoe.

We enter Jace's room and see him munching on a bagel. His eyes quickly lift up, as he smiles when he sees us. "Hey man" Jace says as the brothers do their handshake. I sit next to him.

"Nora" he greets me as I place a kiss on his cheek and he holds my hand tightly. I catch Miles smiling softly while looking at our intertwined hands. Green flag he isn't jealous.

To be honest everything about miles was a green flag. The doctor comes in a few minutes later and makes a quick checkup on Jace. After he tells us everything was going good, he leaves.

Miles and Jace chat a bit while I scroll through my phone.

Then, I suddenly get a call from and unknown number. I get up, and excuse myself to go talk outside. I swear if it's the same number these pranks have been coming in on I'll go mad.

"Hello?" I pick up the phone and wait for the other side to answer. "Hola Nora" I freeze at the soft sound coming from the other side. "Dad?" I say as I make sure the door is closed to Jace's room.

"Hi mi amor. Um I got your number from Lucas, and I was just calling to ask you if um- if you wanted to go get brunch this Saturday after we play mini golf. Together. I know you love it" he says

I sigh as my eyes drop to the ground. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. "Umm, dad i don't feel like I'm ready yet, if you know what I mean" I say wiping away a tear rolling down my cheek.

I hear a soft sigh coming from the other side. "I'm really sorry dad-" he cuts me off. "No no, it's completely okay my dear, I understand. I shouldn't have tried this early. Don't be sorry hermosa"

I hold in a sob at that last word.

Months ago;

"Can I help youu?" I ask as he snaps out if whatever trans he was in." Sorry, it's just that I came to check on you,the way you just left made me feel bad. Did I say something wrong? He asks with worry in his eyes.

He was worried about me? Nora? Well that's something new.

I smile." No no,it's just that uh-my dad used to call me that before he left a long time ago, so I just got nervous you know"

PRESENT TIME
I smile at the deja vu I got. "I'll see you later sweetheart, seems your busy right now" he says. "Yeah, I'll call you later though" i say as as I wipe the tears left on my cheek. Fuck, now I felt guilt.

"I love you Mi hermosa, take care" he says. I smile sadly. "Bye papá" I hang up.

Well, that hurt.