Chapter 6

Kayla POV

" There's a family emergency but can you switch it to another time I was really looking forward to going out with you tonight " I lied to David through the phone . I don't want to put myself in the situation King was talking about but I couldn't just say David I don't want to go on the date with you because I'm scared you'll try to force me into giving you information . That'll be so embarrassing and makes me sound crazy .

I could hear King laughing as I continued to lie on the phone . We decided to come to my house for a little . I mouthed King to hush while smiling and watched as he slapped his hand over his mouth . I walked to the kitchen and sat on a stool at the counter .

" Ok that's fine to .... I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow ... ok .. bye " I finished then hung up the phone . He said not to bother trying to go a different day , Ion know what his problem is .

" You're a good liar " King said still laughing . " Whatever " I replied smiling and getting up to walk to the refrigerator door .

" What you want ? " I asked turning back to face him as he sat at the kitchen counter where I was sitting . " It don't matter " he replied taking out his phone and unlocking it . I looked around the fridge , closed it then looked through the sweet cabinet and settled on chocolate chip cookies . I stood on my tippy toes as I tried to reach them but still couldn't . I don't know why my momma be putting the cookies and chips on the shelf she know I can't reach . Hold up ....... Oh that's just wrong of her greedy self . I tried again until I felt large hands reach for them then hand them to me .

" I could've got them myself " I stated as I took them from his hands knowing I wouldn't be able to get them without climbing on the counter . I turned around to face him with the cookies still in my hand .

" I couldn't tell " he replied looking down at me . There was a silence as we looked into each other's eye , it was a comfortable silence though . It was different ,something I have never felt before . It was silent for a while then King did something I never thought he'd do . He pushed his lips against mine and I finally felt his big soft lips , not that I was waiting or anything . Honestly I felt sparks fly between us and for the first time in a while tingles rushed through my body .

I smiled and opened my eyes as he pulled back just realizing they were closed , I probably look like a fool right about now but I can't help it .

" Why we still playing ? "

He asked looking straight into my eyes . " King I don't want to be with you if I can't have you to myself . I don't want you to go around making me look stupid when everyone know you messing around or cheating on me except me " I replied honestly . I like King but not enough to let him play me ! Never that .

" What you mean ? I'm not gone make you look stupid you already know I'm right for you . " He assured me holding my waist .

" I don't know King you seem like you're for everybody "

I replied looking down at my feet . Why am I being so stuck up ? I don't know . I really want him though but not if its not going to be real .

" Man whatever . I see you not gon ever give me a chance it ain't even no use anymore " he said as he turned and walked toward the front door .

" King " I said softly trying to catch up to him but before I could get close he was out the door slamming it with a loud thump .

I almost had him .... I'm so stupid and thoughtless ..... I was so close .

I thought as I locked the front door , checked to make sure all the lights were off then made my way upstairs to my room .

<~>

" Sstopp stop ignoring me " I yelled after King as he walked out of the school building . He's been ignoring me all day . I don't understand why he's so mad just because I said he's for everybody . I mean he did make the decision to be a thot so he can't be mad at me , but its whatever .

" King ? " I yelled one last time before turning back around and going about my business . If he want to act like that then fine ima let him .

" What's wrong with buddy ?" India asked me as I caught up with her on the sidewalk and headed to her car since I rode with her to school this morning .

" He trippin " I complained looking behind me to see him get in his car . Today he drove a black Mercedes Benz .

" Oo what you say to him , we might have to fight you " she said playfully . I opened the passengers side car door and got in closing the door back .

" Nah I didn't say anything to him and yall not gon touch me cuz me and Malik gon beat y'all ass first " I replied playing along .

" Naw me and Malik just gon go against you and King first so we can just get it out the way " she added switching sides .

" The fuck y'all ain't me and King gon finish y'all off if y'all start it " I said also switching sides .

" You know what me and you will just double team on King and Malik first " she switched once again . I nodded my head .

When the conversation ended we pulled up into my drive way so I got my stuff together and waited until the car came to a full stop . India and I said our goodbyes and I made my way to the front door as she pulled back out of the driveway .

When I got into the house as usual nobody was there but that was ok with me . I went straight to the kitchen to grab the cookies I was going to eat last night then headed up to my room to get comfortable .

As soon as I grabbed the cookies I heard a knock at the door , knowing exactly who it is .

" Who is it ? " I asked anyway . " Open the door " I heard his calm voice say .

I opened the door I saw King holding a bunch of red roses , a red bag that looked kinda heavy , and a fluffy brown teddy bear . I was probably smiling like an idiot right now . He smiled back as I stepped out of the door to hug him and kissed his cheek .

" Thanks , what did I do to get this ? " I asked unwrapping my arms from around his neck .

" Nothing , I just like to see you smile " he smiled showing his braces , forcing me to smile back . Its something about his braces that I can't help but smile at .

" What ever " I said blushing like crazy making him chuckle . Maybe King is changing . Maybe he' ll be different from all the guys I dated before him . There's only one way to find out but I'd doubt it .

----------------------------------------------

• They Cute , They Cute !

• Vote

• Comment

Love me , H_Queen