23.

el held vada in front of her, vada laughing as el scrunched her nose and pressed her face down to vada.

"i love you so much, baby soul. little baby soul, my cute little one," el giggled at how cute vada was in her bear onesie just as daisy ran in with xander.

"mommy!"

el turned and grinned widely. "my two other baby bugs, c'mere," el sat down on her bed as daisy and xander crawled on.

"mommy wants to take a little nap, who wants to join me?" she grinned widely as daisy scrunched her nose and leaned toward. "yes! love nap!"

xander did the same, kissing his mother's cheek. "let's sleep!"

el nodded, standing to place vada down in her crib that el dragged to her room so she could watch her closely.

it may sound crazy but she would do anything for them to be safe.

"come on, love bugs, cuddle close to mama," el laid in the middle as daisy and xander crawled closer, el covering them all with her covers.

"mommy," daisy tapped el's cheek. "i want story,"

"story?" el smiled widely and hummed. "what story?"

daisy perked up, crawling closer and up el's chest before resting her elbows down on el with her chin on her own palms. "tell me you and mr mike," daisy couldn't help but giggle.

el narrowed her eyes at her, rubbing her cheeks with her palms as daisy giggled from the touch.

xander crawled forward too. "mama, tell us,"

el beamed at them, her cheeks heating up as her nose scrunched. "there's nothing to tell!"

both of them scrunched their noses in unison. "mama, bad to lie," daisy told her with a pointed finger and el leaned forward and pretended to bite it off.

daisy squealed, pulling it back with a huge laugh which made el giggle.

"i'm not lying..." she whispered. "he's just too nice to mama so..." she held her hands out to touch their cheeks. "i dunno, he's just very nice," her voice died down when the realisation dawned her.

damon was very nice when they first met. he acted like he cared. and where did that end?

she swore to herself that she'd never go near a man again but mike felt different.

but was it different?

she had no idea. she didn't know who to trust at all and this was so confusing to her that it hurt.

but it felt so real when he said he'd wait.

"i'll wait, el."

was that real or fake?

it felt as if he could be lying but her gut said differently.

she just wasn't sure who and what to trust anymore.

+++

"daisy bear, come on," el squeezed her cheeks with a pout. "repeat after mommy, okay?" she murmured, having daisy sat on the mat grounds in between el's legs.

"today is very sunny."

"today sunny," daisy giggled and nodded, making el narrowed her brows at her. "baby, i know you have the ability to say it, my heart. come on, be a good baby for mama, okay?"

daisy frowned and nodded. "today is very... very sunny," she murmured, stumbling over her words but saying the full sentence.

el let out a squeal, clapping her hands happily as she press her nose against daisy's, rubbing it softly against her. "you're such a smart little one! mommy is so proud of you!" el held her tightly with a wide smile. "oh my goodness, i love you so much!"