55.

"mike, i have to go," el whisper hissed, "seriously!" she exclaimed, trying to squirm out of his grasp as he shook his head, holding her tighter from behind with his eyes still closed.

"no," he muttered, "let's cuddle longer. i haven't had enough yet," he whispered and she smiled, nuzzling into his chest.

she had to admit that spending the night with mike was one of the best things but she had to get back before daisy and xander woke so she could feed vada.

he kissed her jaw several times, caressing her bare arm before his eyes finally opened. "morning, sunshine,"

she smiled from ear to ear, turning her body to face him properly. "hey there, sunset,"

his eyes rolled but he smiled, moving his hand up to caress her cheek. "do you really gotta go?"

"yes, i'll see you later. i have to get dais and xan ready,"

a sigh escaped but he nodded, kissing the tip of her button nose. "okay then. i'm driving xan today right? you're going back to work?"

"actually... i'm going back in a few days instead."

his brows furrowed. "what, why?"

"well i... i miss daisy and vada, you know. and she's not really done with her therapy— there's a long way and i just... i wanted to do a few final sessions with her first."

"as long as it's okay with your jobs, then take all the time you need, el,"

she nodded instantly with a wide smile. "they're okay with it. i explained everything to them and they were more than happy to give me more time."

"that's amazing, el,"

she nodded and sat up, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear before she let out a small yawn.

"don't worry, sunset, you will see me in no time!" she exclaimed with a giggle before standing up from the bed. "or you can come over for breakfast right now,"

his grin widened. "sounds way better,"

she held her hands out to him and he grabbed on as she swayed their arms happily and walked downstairs.

"el, your slippers—"

"i'll keep that pair here. i'm just next door; i'll walk barefoot—"

"do not walk barefoot," he insisted, cutting her off. "always wear something," he told her, picking her up into his arms since she had no footwear.

"mike," she hissed under her breath as he smirked, carrying her over the front yard and to her house.

"what? isn't this romantic?"

"nope," she shook her head, turning away with a huff as he chuckled, setting her back down in front of the front door.

"xanny?" her brows furrowed when she saw him and he froze, turning with the widest and most mischievous smile.

her eyes narrowed. "xander,"

his eyes widened. "hi mommy! morning! how was the sleepover?"

her cheeks heated and she flushed red. "nice cuddle," she eyed mike quickly before clearing her throat. "xander, you have a naughty look on your face. what is going on?"

"hey, bean?" hopper came downstairs with a yawn. "back so soon?"

"wait, are you just waking?" she turned to xander. "did you wake all by yourself? where's your sister?"

he smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. "uh..."

"xander," she said in a warning tone as he straightened up. "mommy, you can't be mad!"