Author Notes

1) For crying out loud! Here's another one! I finished playing THE LAST OF US on PS5 and I finished watching the show on HBOMAX. Just be aware, I'm Team Joel-Did-Nothing-Wrong and Team I-Hate-The-Fireflies.

2) I've been toying w/ the idea that Tess & Joel had kids. So I have an Original Male Character, Jack Miller, as Joel & Tess' son. I also have Joel finding Anna right after she gave birth to Ellie and Joel taking her in to raise w/ Tess and their son. I just want Joel & Ellie to be happy, damnit! Tess deserved happiness too. 😭

3) I had to do some math to build a timeline for the Outbreak, Ellie & Jack being born, and meeting Bill and Frank, etc. I'm following the timeline set by the HBOMAX show. So The Outbreak happens 2003, Ellie & Jack are born in 2009, Tess & Joel meet Bill and Frank 2010, Ellie & Jack get bit 2023 at the tender age of 14, and Tommy left Joel 2008.

4) I'm keeping the conflict between Tommy & Joel from the game. In the game their falling out was bad & they didn't speak to each other for years. Joel only got secondhand news about Tommy.

5) I'm going to try & keep the energy of Ellie in the game instead of the show. Not that I dislike Bella Ramsay's portrayal, she added her own flavor to Ellie. I just like the game Ellie more. She's curious, innocent but not naive, and a little hopeful. Jack, on the other hand, will channel TV Ellie. He's going to be more cautious, tougher, and guarded. Both are jokesters and sarcastic.

6) I OWN NOTHING!!!! I'm just doing this for fun and maybe I'll get to my other stories later 🤷🏽‍♀️