Chapter Three: New Adventure

I walked into our tiny apartment where my sister, my mom, and I lived. It was strangely quiet, as Eska should've been home by now. She was usually watching TV or something when I get home.
I walked into our room, but she wasn't there either. I went into our so called "kitchen", the last place she would be. She loved cooking, but she hated our kitchen because it was so cramped and the stove rarely worked.
As I walked in the kitchen, a note on the refrigerator caught my eye. It was a note from Eska and it was messy and looked like it was written in haste. This wasn't like her.
Jaya-
Please meet me at our place. It's urgent!!!
I put the note in my pocket and ran swiftly out of our apartment, taking the stairs three at a time. I ran down McFaggen St. and turned left. There, about fifteen meters away, was a little winding dirt path that led to a wooded lake area. Behind the trees, there was a clearing Eska and I called "our place".
I had found it when I was seven, after running off when I accidentally gave my Mom frostbite. Eska had come and comforted me and then it became "our place".
"Eska?" I called gently.
"Over here!" She said urgently.
I followed the sound of her voice and found her sitting on a mossy log.
"We have a huge problem," she said slowly, "the Aari have found us."
"The Aari?" I questioned, totally confused.
"They were enemies with our biological parents."
"B-but," I stuttered, " We don't even know who our parents are."
"I do." She said plainly.
It felt like a punch to the gut, how dare she never tell me! How dare she let me believe they didn't love me! How dare she! I was on the verge of hyperventilating.
"Jaya...JAYA, we have to leave NOW! Before they find us!"
"But-"
"No buts!" Eska said firmly. "I know you are mad at me right now, but we have to leave. Now." She said in a softer voice.
"I already packed a bag for you so come on."
I peered into the backpack she handed me. A water bottle, trail mix, energy bars, and a silver dagger with a plain silver cross guard...
Eska saw me staring wide-eyed at it and said, "Hopefully you won't have to use it."
"Does mom know about this?" I asked,concerned. Willing to put my anger away for a more appropriate time.
"Yes, she is trying to hold them off as we speak, so we need to go now. "
"Ok, let's go then." I said doubtfully.
*************************************
I could tell we weren't going as fast as Eska had hoped, by the way she kept looking over her shoulder.
"Eska," I said over the sound of a bubbling creek. "Where are we going? I think I have a right to know..." I hesitated, " After what you did. After what you lied about."
"For your protection." She said mildly.
She thought for a second before speaking again. "We are going to the Seer. No more questions. Not now at least."
"Ok," I mumbled, the only town I had ever known not even visible.

A note from me:
Hey lovelies:) hope your enjoying it so far. Sorry, I said the Ari in my summary, but ended up changing it to the Aari, because I liked that more. Thanks to Jay-Knight for helping me edit and revise! Check out her stories, too! Keep reading, I will update soon:D
--percy33