Chapter Twelve: Prepared for Battle

We woke up as the sun was rising and a terrible realization washed over me. We are going into battle. And we may not make it out.

I picked my dagger up from beside me and put it back into my backpack and grabbed the last granola bar and ate it slowly, not wanting to go anywhere near the Aari or for that matter fight against them.

Marcus woke up and didn't say anything as I picked him up. He looked terrified. I had this horrible feeling in my stomach. I had known this battle would happen for a few days now, but I didn't seem real. Now I had to go up against a powerful army, my only ally a small, hand-held mirror.

I ate the small remainder of my food from my backpack and took a long swig of water.

Marcus directed me towards a small lot of trees and as we walked through it I swear I heard someone, or something for that matter, walking behind us.

"Did you hear that?" I whispered to Marcus.

"Um, no." He answered.

Right after he said that we heard a twig break. I jerked my head around and saw a strange creature there. Was that a... unicorn? You've got to be kidding me...THERE WAS A FREAKING UNICORN. The unicorn had a silvery coat, with white specks. It had large eyes with long eyelashes. The creature had a three foot long golden horn on the top of its head.

The unicorn walked slowly up to me and Marcus and sitting on the unicorn's back was a familiar face.

"Your majesty Röseadanamis!" Marcus exclaimed.

"Are you ready? Are you ready for this battle, Jaya?" The Fairy Queen asked softly.

"Umm, well, no, probably not, no." I said looking at the ground.

As soon as I said that I saw what looked like a million sparkling lights shooting towards us. Before I knew it, I was surrounded by thousands of fairies dressed in armor and armed with weapons. There wings flapped furiously and they had a fierce look on their faces.

"Are you ready for battle now?" The Fairy Queen asked again.

"Yes, yes I think I am." I said with a bit of confidence now that I knew I had back-up for this battle.