Episode 02 - Murdoc

'' ...You comin' or wot?''

''Huh? ''

Slowly walking down the second floor's stairs and the main hallway to get out of this place, I realized my body had been in auto-pilot this whole time as I  got lost in my own thoughts.

Murdoc's voice had suddenly brought me back to reality. I hadn't even noticed- until he had talked to me- that we were unconsciously walking next to each other since we had left the room.

'' Aren' you going to your cahr? Come on hurry it up, I'll walk your pret'y face out of 'ere, mrhhhh? My pleasure, truly''.

I silently kept going, making my way out, looking right in front of me and nowhere else, as Murdoc made continuous attempts to flirt with me. There really was no escaping him.

The walk out of the room heading to the parking lot seemed infinitely long. I was not saying a word , while Murdoc seemed like he was the one waiting for me to talk first.

My pride couldn't allow him to let him win.

''Ya know... I could really use some uuuhmm... company watching over ''Faceache'' sometimes. '' 'Ave to take him back to his flat by next week anyway. So, whaht do you say?''

'' ....What do I say???? '' I finally replied, pushing the doors out of the hospital, speechless. I  turned around to face him as I dangerously walked backwards.

''I'll get straight to the point : I barely know Stuart. He was just a classmate! So, yeah, I don't know, man! I don't even know you either! By the way you look rather sketchy, mate, not gonna lie. '' I said abruptly.

''Arwww come on now, thah's not very nice, is iht? Think about iht, yea ? I'll be 'ere same time again Monday. Gives you 3 days to give it some thought mmmh ? ''

''Uh, yeah, mkay. My car is this way, so bye for now, alright?''

'' ''....Aaaaaarh, aht least, tell me you'll think about it. '' Murdoc tried adding in a playful, almost kind of seductive way, leaning against my car hood.

Man was persistent, I had to give him that at least.

'' Umm... I'll think about it alright. Bye now''. I unlocked my car's door and started the engine before hearing in a low voice :

''Good girl', I heard, as I watched Murdoc stepping away from my vehicle, grinning.

There was no way I had heard that correctly. Speechless, I just closed my car's door, taking a second to assimilate what I had just heard, pretending I had NOT heard it. Cocky bastard.

I decided to put on some loud music to change my mind for the ride home, driving with the windows down. The early October breeze still felt nice enough to enjoy without it being too cold. One hand on the steering wheel, one hand in my hair, I gave some thought to the events of the day, and let out a sigh. I was exhausted, and now my head was pounding. Great.

At the very least, the weekend went by fast enough. Work had kept me fairly busy and it was finally time I enjoyed my favorite TV show. Wearing my comfiest pajamas, hair tied and makeup off, I looked like an untamed raccoon, stuffing my face in various snacks and crisps.  I got more comfortable, sinking myself into the couch shamelessly. 

My eyes made the fatal mistake of briefly turning to the clock.

It was 9 pm. Sunday night.

.. Sunday night..
I knew I needed to do something.

Wait.

Was it ALREADY Sunday ??

I had almost forgotten. What was I gonna do about the Stuart situation ? I had to give Murdoc an answer by tomorrow night.