Epilogue

One Year Later
Mia's POV
The Super Bowl is here and the Bengals are playing once again. They are down by three points and just need one more touchdown to win the game.

Joe throws the ball to Ja'Marr and he catches it. Ja'Marr runs down the field and gets the touchdown we need. With only a minute left in the game, I know that there is no way that the 49ers will win the Super Bowl.

When the timer stops and the game is over, Joe looks so happy. He sprints towards me and scoops me up into a big hug.

"We did it!" He shouts with excitement. I nod.

"I know! We won the Super Bowl!" I say. Joe gives me a kiss on the lips and pulls away, a big smile on his face.

"This is so awesome!" Kara shouts as she gets between us. She pulls out her phone to take a picture. "Smile for the camera!"

Joe and I smile for Kara. My sister snaps the photo and then posts it to Instagram like she always does.

As everything dies down, Joe is dragged onto stage to be interviewed by the hosts. He grabs my hand and pulls me up on stage with him. Kara follows behind us.

Joe's POV
"Joe, congratulations on your first Super Bowl win. How does it feel to win the Super Bowl this year?" The lady asks as she holds the microphone out to me.

"It feels amazing. I'm here with my girlfriend, Mia, and her little sister Kara, and I'm lucky to have them here to experience this. My parents weren't able to make it, but I'm sure they're at home watching." I explain as I wrap my arms around Kara and Mia. I give Mia a kiss on the cheek. The lady nods.

"That's great. Do you having anything else to say?" She asks. I nod.

"I do actually,"

I look over at Kara and she slips me a velvet ring box. I hold the box behind my back as I get down on one knee. I reveal the box to Mia and look up at her. Mia's eyes are filled with tears and her hands are cupped over her face.

"Mia Bennett, I love you you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" I ask.

Mia's POV
I'm starstruck for a moment and I almost forget how to form words. This is the worse time to forget how to speak with thousands of people's eyes on Joe and I. Finally, I am able to form words.

"Yes!" I say. Joe stands up and places the ring on my finger. I look at the ring and then pull Joe in for a hug. I pull away slightly to give him a kiss.

Everyone who's left in the stadium is cheering for us.

"Congratulations! I'm sure many girls will be very disappointed that Joe Burrow will be tying the knot soon," the lady says with a smile. I roll my eyes.

"Well they can be disappointed because Joe is mine forever," I say teasingly as I give Joe another hug. Joe laughs as he takes the microphone.

"That's right. She's all mine and I love her. Now I think I need to go home and spend time with my fiancé," Joe explains. Kara grabs the microphone from him.

"Don't forget me. I'm Mia's sister, Kara, btw." She says. Joe nods.

"Sorry. I'm going to go home and spend time with my fiancé and her little sister," he says, rolling his eyes.

We walk off the stage and the team pats Joe on the back, congratulating him for the great Super Bowl win and the engagement.

Joe and I give Ja'Marr and Sam each hugs and then leave. While the rest of the team is probably going to go out partying, Joe and I are going back to the hotel room to watch a movie with Kara. I consider that a perfect night.

Spending time with the people I love most.