Chapter 1 - Nervous as Hell

Matt's Pov:
I open my eyes slowly, trying to quickly adapt to the bright light shining in my room. I groan and turn over, hoping to go back to sleep as the covers are ripped off of me and a wave of cold air rushes to my body. When the blanket falls to the ground I see my brother, Steve standing at the foot of my bed. "C'mon champ! Time to get out of bed and get ready for your first day back at Hexside!!" He said in an excited tone. I groan and roll out of my bed, falling on the floor in the process. I take my time getting up. Once I'm on my feet, I look up at Steve, "Could you maybe leave so I can get dressed?" I said, looking slightly annoyed. "Yea..! I'll be downstairs making breakfast!" He said as he made his way to my door. He chuckled and closed my door behind him as he made his way into the hallway. I trudged over to my closet, while fighting to urge to fall face-first into my bed. I finally found my uniform after a few minutes. "Plain old Construction and Illusion colors-.." I sighed and pulled the soft fabric over my head, letting it slide on top of my chest and shoulders, then I pull the brown leggings up my legs and put my shawl on. I pull the hood up over my pointy ears and sigh. I make my way out to the kitchen, grabbing my shoes and bag for school in the process. I spin around the kitchen, giving Steve a fist-bump in the process. "Where did you even learn about that fist thing..?" Steve asked, not looking away from the stove. "Oh.. Gus kinda taught me about it-" I said. Steve nodded and continued making breakfast. "Well I gotta go or I'll be late- Bye Steve..!" "Okay champ! Have a good first day back at Hexside!" He said with a grin.

I shut the door behind me and happily skip my way down the front steps of my house as I make my way to Hexside. As I'm trying to remember how to even do construction spells I bump into someone "Oh..! I'm so sorry!" A familiar voice called out. I looked up and saw Augustus Porter, one of my friends? ... enemies? I don't even know anymore. "Oh.. Hello Augustus.." I said quietly "Hi Matty! So sorry I bumped into you-" He chimed. My ears and cheeks flushed a bright pink as I felt my face get warm. A small knot formed in my stomach. What was this?  "Forget it squirt.." I said as I pushed past him and continued down the path. "W-Wait..! I want to make it up to you." He said, catching up with me. "I'll walk you to school!" He said, smiling. "F-Fine.. only because I haven't been here a while.." I said, huffing. "Someone seems grumpy.." He said in a playful tone. "I-I am not..!" I said, pushing him to the side. "Something says otherwise.." He stated. He probably meant the tone of my voice. If felt my face heat up again.

     I'm confused as hell... Why do I get so- nervous around him..

A/N: Sorry if this is bad, it's my first Gustholomule fanfic, there will be more chapters momentarily so please be patient with me! <3

Words - 572
-Terrence, They/Them