*Goodbye*

Bandit's POV
December 26, 1987

I finish my bacon and egg leaving just some grilled tomatoes on my plate. "Ughhh." I groan not wanting to eat my stupid tomatoes. I set the plate down on the step beside me. I am sitting outside to eat but it's not like I'm trying to get away from eating with my family. Almost everyone is still asleep.

I look over and see Y/n's family packing up. Everyone is loading a dark grey truck with bags and suitcases.  They spot me and start to run over with their Pac-Man in hand.

"Bandit!" They stop right before they run into me. "I'm about to leave."

"This early?" They nod. "My family isn't even up yet."

"You made that yourself then?" They point at my plate on the steps.

"Pfft, no. It's leftovers." We laugh for a second then sit in silence. Neither of us wants to say it.

"I'll probably see you again."

"Hopefully." I hear their parents call them.

"Well, goodbye Bandit Heeler." They say it. The words that I know we are both dreading to say or hear.

"Goodbye, Y/n L/n." They sniff and stare at me. They extend their arms, not hugging me. But I do. I run and wrap my arms around them. I hold them tight not wanting to let go. I had to stay a few more days here without them. After a while we stop hugging, hearing their parents call again. They turn to walk away. I hear more sniffs. I can't tell if they're crying or not though.

They walk off and climb to get in the elevated truck. As they drive past my holiday house I wave at them. They wave back from the back seat. They drive off until I can't see the truck anymore. I sit back down on the steps, speechless. I hear the door open behind me. I turn and see my mum.

"Come in, squirt. I'll make you something different to eat than tomatoes."

~I felt like crying myself when making this. Don't worry... they'll see each other again soon. Good day/night.

~I love you.

~361 Words