Chapter 3.4

"I'M about to die in this heat..."

We were currently at the special building, where the incident took place. 

"It's so hot... Why don't we get different uniforms?" Ayanokouji remarked.

"Beats me. Any uniform you're in, you'd look hot."

"Hey, that's my line."

You've changed.

"Sorry for bringing you here."

Horikita, who was standing next to me, simply looked around the hallway. She didn't appear to be sweating at all. Is she not a mammal...?

"You've really changed, haven't you? It's odd that you stuck your neck out in this case. The witness has already been found, and we've confirmed that there's nothing left to be done. What are you even trying to do?" she asked.

"Sudou was the first friend that I made here besides Shinjiro. I want to help him." Ayanokouji said.

"I'm here to observe things, but I do wish Sudou wins the case."

"So you're useless?" She turned to me. I did a thumbs up with my tongue poking out.

"I see, but do you two think that there's a way to prove his innocence?"

"I'm not so sure. I can't really say yet. I decided to take some initiative by myself, since I'm not very good at interacting with Hirata, Kushida, or large groups of people. Being social's definitely not my forte. I thought everyone would make me run around the school or the classroom today, so I decided to bolt instead. I like to avoid trouble, remember?" Ayanokouji stated.

"That's certainly true. But then, you're as contradictory as ever, since you're helping out a friend."

"Human beings are, for better or worse, creatures of contradiction."

"Well, your way of thinking isn't relevant to me, Ayanokouji-kun, so you're free to think whatever you like. Also, I appreciate that you say those two are hard to deal with."

"Well, that's just because you hate them, isn't it?" 

"Having a common enemy tends to lead to cooperation."

"No. Just because I'm bad at dealing with them doesn't mean I hate them. Please don't think I'm like you."

"Ha~" I sighed.

"Looks like there aren't any here. Too bad."  Horikita groaned.

"Any what?" I asked.

"Cameras, like the ones in the classrooms. If there were cameras here, we'd have solid evidence. I can't find any." Horikita explained.

"Ah, yes. The security cameras. You're certainly right about it. If they were here, this matter would be settled." Ayanokouji said.

"Well, did the school have hallway cameras in the first place?"

"If I had to think of places where they wouldn't be installed, I'd probably say the bathrooms and the locker rooms. Right?"

"Obviously."

"If there were security cameras here, the school would have checked them first and we wouldn't have any problems with this case."

Yeah, again, this school wants to test our intelligence and strategy. Of course, they wouldn't do anything. They're leaving this matter up to the students.

"So, have any of you come up with a plan to save Sudou-kun?" Horikita asked.

"Of course, I haven't. It's your job to come up with plans, Horikita. I won't ask you to save Sudou, but it'd be nice for you to point Class D in the right direction."