Stuck at the Butterfly Mansion

⚠ TW ⚠

-None

♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡

No POV

Zenitsu swung his katana at the training dummy, landing a hit each time. He concentrated on his breathing and lightning surrounded him as he sliced through the dummy, destroying it.

He had been practicing using his thunder breathing while awake rather than asleep, and, if he said so himself, he was developing really well.

"That was so cool, Zenitsu!"

The blonde turned to see Tanjiro standing there, watching him. He blushed at the compliment.

"A-Arigato!" He smiled warmly.

Tanjiro's heart fluttered in his chest. He's so adorable and pretty when he smiles...

He had already admitted to himself that he had a crush on the blonde, and it wasn't hard to see why. But he didn't have time to confess his feelings.

It had become hard to travel far from the butterfly estate without either running into a man-eating demon or some weird serial killer. They had to be alert. No distractions.

"Anyways, dinner is ready. All of the hashira were able to join us today!" Tanjiro said, excited.

"Wait, really?" Zenitsu said. "They're always busy with stuff though!"

"That's why I was surprised when Shinobu-san told me," Tanjiro said. "But anyways, they're waiting right now. Let's hurry!"

They rushed to the dining room. At the large table sat all of the hashira and their friends.

Inosuke was yelling and challenging Gyomei to fight him.

Aoi was having a quiet conversation with Shinobu and Kanao.

Nezuko was playing with Mitsuri's hair while Sanemi casually kept scooting farther and farther away from her.

Iguro, Giyuu, and Muichiro were having their own little (emo boy) conversation.

Surprisingly, Uzui was the only one being quiet.

Tanjiro and Zenitsu sat next to each other. "Thank you for this meal!" They all said. Then they dug in.

Inosuke kept trying to steal Zenitsu's food, so he whacked him across the head with a spoon.

Of course, this made Inosuke increasingly more angry.

"FIGHT ME, MONITSU!"

"NO! JUST STOP STEALING MY FOOD!"

On the other side of the table, Shinobu face-palmed. "Do those two idiots ever shut up?"

"That's what I've been asking myself since I met them," Tanjiro muttered sheepishly.

Of course, Zenitsu heard him.

"WHAT?! Tanjiro, that's so mean! I thought we were friends!"

"No! I'm sorry, Zeniiiii!"

"Hmph!" Zenitsu crossed his arms. "Fine. You're forgiven."

Tanjiro could smell his humorous mood and he smiled, a light blush forming on his cheeks.

When he looked directly across the table at Nezuko, she appeared to have noticed. She gave him that ooooh~ someone's in love~ look.

This only caused him to get redder.

"T-Tanjiro! Your face is red!" Zenitsu said worriedly.

Everyone at the table seemed to know the reason why except him.

When the dinner was finished, they all went their separate ways.

"How many demons will you kill today, Uzui?" Tanjiro asked in a joking tone.

"Hmm, let's see... how about we start with... ANY THAT DARE TO CROSS MY PATH!" Uzui said as he flexed his muscles.

Tanjiro laughed. Uzui reminded him so much of Rengoku. His laugh, his smile, his confidence...

You mustn't be sad. Rengoku is in a better place now. He can be with his mother again. Tanjiro smiled.

Zenitsu wandered around the Butterfly Estate, his thoughts whirling. He normally stayed outside the mansion, listening for any demons that may try to catch them off guard and attack at night.

Normally he would hear something. Tonight it was silent. Strangely silent.

He shrugged it off and went inside, passing by Shinobu as he went to his room.

"I didn't hear anything tonight, Shinobu-san," he reported.

"Strange," she said. "Normally there's at least some noise. Those pesky demons are always prowling somewhere near here." She shook her head. "Go on to your room. I'll see you in the morning."

"Good night, Shinobu-san." Zenitsu bowed his head and went to his room where he found Tanjiro and Inosuke waiting.

"Finally you're here, I was starting to worry about you!" Tanjiro said. He walked over and pulled Zenitsu into a hug. The blonde's face turned bright red.

"U-Uh yeah.. Well I d-didn't hear nothing tonight s-so I was kinda confused but uh... I'm here now!" he stuttered.

"EXCUSE ME?!" Inosuke interrupted. "CAN YOU TWO SHUT UP?! I NEED SLEEP!"

Tanjiro laughed to himself. "Sorry Inosuke, we'll go to sleep now. Good night, guys!"

"Good night!" Zenitsu called back.

The light went off and he closed his eyes in an attempt to sleep, which failed. He couldn't help but think about it.

No noises... not a single one. And demons are super loud and annoying! He lay there, thinking.

Something weird is going on. Let's just hope it's for better, not for worse.

♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡

Thank you all for reading!

Why are the demons being quiet? Will there be an attack? 🤷‍♀️

I hope you enjoyed, because the next chapter will be out soon! ♤♡◇♧

Word count: 826