chapter three.

FRIDAY

Maise's POV

"Heeeey, you made it and you brought friendssss." Robin opens her front door with a blinding grin.

She already looks wasted— her green eyes are glossy and her lips are puffy.

"I want whatever she's on."

"No you don't." Liv decks her brother in the back of his head. "You promised to be quiet."

"Okay, sorry." Ian pouts, rubbing his head. Evan stifles his laughter beside me.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" Robin squeals and in her drunken state, yanks me into her side and presses a sloppy kiss to my cheek. My friends are all very amused by the scene.

"More affection than I've ever wanted in life," I mumble and forcibly unclasp her hands from my hips. "Where's your drinks at?"

Robin steps aside, revealing her huge house in the back with hundreds of drunk teenagers. My mouth hangs open. "You sure know a lot of people than you did last month, Robin."

"I don't know any of these people. Just that they know how to partyyyyy."

"She needs water." Keli hints, nudging my side.

"Water is for pussies! I need another drink, and so do all of youuu." Robin grins with a mouthful of white teeth. "Drinks are straight ahead. Wait, no, to your left- fuck man, I don't even remember where they are. Who doesn't love a good scavenger hunt!"

"Hey, Robin, maybe you should sober up. You're-"

"Oh! Oh yes! I love this song!" She dances off into the crowd, ignoring my concern.

"Okay," I mutter. "She's gonna be black out drunk in a few minutes."

Evan and Ian are second to split, telling us we're too lame to hang around.

"He follows whatever Evan says." Liv says.

"Because they're so gay for each other." I laugh and she looks mortified. "There's no way you didn't know Evan likes your brother."

"That explains all the sleepovers and the "Liv, get out of my room, we're studying". I wondered why I never saw a textbook in sight."

"Studying the human anatomy."

"Gross!" Liv shoves my shoulder. "Don't put that thought into my head!"

"Evan tries to fight anyone who stares at Ian for too long." Keli states.

"He doesn't even try to hide how possessive he is." I shake my head. "I need to find a female version of Evan."

"If you're taking applications, I'd like to fill one in." Keli winks at me.

"Why don't we skip the dating and get straight into marriage." I play along to her flirting.

"My dream come true," she fake cries, clutching at her heart dramatically. "I cannot wait to wake up next to your ugly ass every morning."

"Okay- fuck you. You ruined a sweet moment." I push her forehead gently and she giggles.

"We done pretending to get hitched?" Liv hands me a shot glass filled with vodka.

"Don't sound so jealous, Liv," Keli smirks and takes the glass from Liv's other hand. "You could be our family pet. The feral little chihuahua who likes to bite ankles."

"Oh ha ha. You're real fucking funny, aren't you, Samuels."

"Genetically speaking, yes. You can thank my mother for my funny bones."