chapter fourteen.

Jenna is standing under a black umbrella, a smug grin on her face. "You know when you said five minutes, I didn't think you meant you would be five minutes late."

I lift my head, showing her the tissue I had rammed up there to stop my second blood nose of the day. "I got the retaliation elbow."

She laughs. "Is your finest quality to bleed buckets amounts of blood."

"You can walk in the rain now." I roll my eyes but unlock my car and climb in. She follows with another laugh, putting her bag between her feet.

"What were they fighting about?"

"Coach told Robin to sit out on the upcoming game, and subbed Liv in her place. She didn't take it very well."

"Why did she get benched?"

"Robin went to a party last night, was hungover at practice and coach could read her like a book."

"Oh." She frowns. "Did she go alone?"

"She didn't mention it and besides, I was studying. Angie wouldn't have let her go alone."

"You party a lot, don't you?"

I look over at her. She has a frown line. It makes me smile subconsciously. "Until recently, yes. Do you want an invite to the next one?"

"No, I'm just curious why you do it. I mean, at the bonfire you got so drunk you didn't remember anything that happened the next day. How is that enjoyable?"

"I knew I had a great time, all that matters." Then it's my turn to frown. "How'd you know I was drunk?"

Her cheeks flush red and she shifts her eyes to peer out the window. "Someone told me. Doesn't matter." She mumbles.

"Liar."

"Just drive," she huffs. "My brother is going to wonder where I am."

"As soon as I stop bleeding."

"Tilt your head back."

"No, it runs down my throat when I do that."

"Yeah, that's the blood getting clogged idiot. You've had how many blood noses and still no clue how to stop them?"

"I'd rather not be downing my own blood like shots, okay? I'll stop bleeding, don't- what are you doing?"

Jenna is in my lap, hands cupping my face. "Speeding up the process." She tips my head back and I feel her fingers graze my jawline, then I feel the blood slowly descend down my throat.

"You always find ways to torture me."

"And you're always finding ways to bleed and then whine about it like a child instead of resolving the issue."

I turn my head, and just so happen to see Liv standing outside next to her car. She locks eyes with me and starts thrusting her hips into the air. I panic and accidentally push Jenna back. She bumps into the steering wheel, causing the horn to blare.

"Woah, okay, there are less violent ways to say get off."

When I look back out my window, Liv is in her car but now she's laughing.

"Sorry. Let's go, get back in your seat."

"So now you want to rush." She scowls at me but sits back and fastens her seatbelt.

While waiting for Jenna to grab her little brother, I reply to my texts from both Liv and Keli.

barbie|