PROLOGUE

'Once upon a time, in the Kingdom of Norwood, there live a young prince named Stefan. Stefan is a curious prince and would go on an adventure in the nearby Kingdom, the Kingdom where all magical creatures are being welcomed; the Moors. One day, he saw the entrance to Moors and decided to go inside. The young prince met a fairy in Moors, and her name is Maleficent. The two became friends, then on Maleficent’s 16th birthday, Prince Stefan gave her a gift, and it was a true love’s kiss.

As the years go by, the two of them may have faithfully loved one another, but the duties of the young prince are quite certain. King Henry of Norwood announces the marriage of Prince Stefan to Lady Leila of the House Langdon. The union of the two houses occurred as the young Prince’s heart belongs alone to a fairy of the Moors.

His duties and responsibilities as a King drove Stefan away from Maleficent. While Maleficent, the strongest of the fairies, rose to become the protector of Moors. There are days wherein Stefan would visit Maleficent and the two make love as time could bestow. The fairy never knew about Stefan’s wife, nor his duties and responsibilities as a King, but only knew one thing; Stefan’s love for her is quite pure. Or so she thought.

What was once a peaceful number of visits turned into something quite unexpected. Maleficent is pregnant with Stefan’s child, and no words could define how joyous Maleficent is as she delivers the news to Stefan. The news makes the King alarmed and fearful, arriving at a decision that could break their hearts. Stefan disappears as the sun sets leaving Maleficent broken, but not alone.

The thought of leaving his own child, his blood, and his descendant to the fairy sorrows the Young King. He kept longing to hold his child, and the certainty that the child runs Maleficent’s blood, his true love, yearns for him of wanting his child more. He gave a task to his Knight, Hubert, to steal his child from Maleficent and bring the child to the Palace.

But the grief of the King vanishes as Queen Leila announces her pregnancy, turning the Kingdom merry as a birth of a Royal child is expected. While the King celebrates with his people and his dear wife, Hubert flawlessly stole Maleficent’s child, replacing the child with a dead child’s body to trick the fairy that her only child is dead. Bringing the baby to the Palace victoriously. King Stefan forces Hubert to vow secrecy of Maleficent’s child's identity while also entrusting him to give the child proper guidance.

Maleficent is now drowning in despair and grief upon seeing a dead body of a child in what was once a place of life and bliss. A cloud of misery illuminates the Kingdom of Moors as all the creatures mourn the death of Maleficent’s child. And as Maleficent lives herself miserably, Diaval arrives, bringing news from the nearby Kingdom of Norwood, news of the Queen’s successful child delivery, and the King, Stefan himself, leading the victorious celebration.  

The successful delivery of a child in a neighboring Kingdom might have enlightened the woe Maleficent endures but upon her discovery of Stefan’s identity and the life he now lives angered her. Driven by madness and deception, Maleficent head to the Kingdom with Diaval on her side.

The Royal Christening of Princess Aurora is visited by the trio of faeries who sought to foster peace and goodwill. Flora, the tallest of the trio move to the baby princess crib and stated her wish;

“A gift of beauty,

That is never seen by many,

With lips like rose and golden hair

A beauty that is radiant and truly fair”

With a flick of her hand, magical fairy dust pops up in the air, enchanting the crowd. Fauna then began her gift.

“Sweet Aurora of Norwood,

My only wish is for your life to be good,

And you will never be blue

Live happily and true”

Just as Merriweather is about to bestow her gift, a dark shadow conquers the whole room rising fear and chaos among the people. Maleficent, emerges to the room, with her long black robe that hides her wings falling smoothly to the ground, and every step she makes instills terror in the crowd. Carrying her staff and Diaval on her shoulder, and her horns in clear sight, the fairy walked towards the throne. The crowd gasped upon seeing the dark fey, King Stefan's face turned pale and the Queen shiver in fear but remained composed.

All the guards took out their swords, but with Stefan’s wave of a hand, all of them remained in their position, waiting patiently for their King’s order.

“Well, well” Maleficent look directly into the eyes of King Stefan “What an extravagant celebration, my dear King Stefan. I really felt so quite distressed upon not receiving any invitation”

“You’re not welcome here” Queen Leila expressed with a shaky voice as she hold herself.

“Oh dear, I am not asking for your permission” Maleficent grins ominously as she looks at the Queen.

“Neither do I”

More guards stormed inside the Palace throne, pointing their swords at Maleficent, and the archers came, aiming their arrows at her, threatened by a strange creature speaking in front of them. While rumors may have spread about the magical creatures of the nearby Kingdom, it is compelling for humans to see one with their naked eye, and fear is quite visible. But the Queen remains strong and holds her ground, and Maleficent admires her for such.

“I came here to bestow a gift” Maleficent walk towards the cradle of the young Princess.

“We don’t need your gift” King Stefan stood up, guards coming closer, archers holding up to their bows, eager to send their arrows.

Maleficent ignored them all, and with a wave of her hands, she summoned green magic as she perform her gift to the young princess.

“A beauty rare

A life of fair

Aurora has it all

To cause her downfall

By the blood of Stefan that flows

A curse I will bestow

An eye for an eye

A life for a life”

Maleficent speaks those words with bitterness and spite, the dark fairy of Moors thirsts for revenge.

“As the sun sets

Thy Kingdom will bear regret

As the Princess will fall to sleep

An eternal sleep of deep”

Stupefied, the crowd nor the guards move, unable to speak while holding their breath. What was once a courageous Queen is now left astounded, body quivering in dread, too powerless to move and speak. Only Stefan boldly faces the angered faery, falling to his knees as the heavy crown of gold rolls to the ground, begging as he cries “Maleficent please, Aurora is pure. Please hold no ill will to her as much as you hold to me”

Maleficent softens at the sight of the man she once loves, crying and begging. But it is not enough to retain the Princess as a payment for the loss of her daughter. 

“And on her 16th birthday,

A day all of you will pray

For the Princess can be awaken

The curse can be broken

By a true love’s kiss

And no power can alter the curse exist”