CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

The sight of Jael head falling on the ground, the eyes of Masyra glow green and green magic wrap her causing the crowd to gasps in horror. The Knights pull out there swords, the people fall back, and the Lords are terrified on their feet.

Masyra, kneeling on the ground, staring at the lifeless body of her knight, scream her fury and agony out loud, releasing a direct green magic piercing the sky and sending the nearby knights flying on the ground by her outrage.

The pillar of green magic is visible to the naked eye of the people. The people fall back in fear as Masyra slowly rises from the ground with swords and arrows pointed at her.

Sir Gavin swoop Aurora to his horse and make his way to the Castle for the Queen’s safety. Aurora look back at Masyra unleashing a raw magic to the set of knights sending them soaring on the wall. Masyra then headed to the center and gently take the head of her knight as blood falling off on her hands whom she then embrace on her chest as she walk. 

Some archers release their arrows towards her but before the arrows could reach Masyra, they stop midway, float in the air as they turn their directions back to their archers and flung themselves into them, puncturing their bodies.

Blood spurted and bodies fall to the ground as Masyra walks towards the castle and knights trying to stop her.
She walk pass the crowd cowering themselves and ignore them until the sight of the plump woman who threw a rotten vegetable at Jael earlier, she then halted and without a blink, and three arrows plunge together to the woman’s body.

The people cries in fright but Masyra ignore them until a company of Imperial Knights with their shields. The Imperial Knights surrounded her, forming into round with spears pointed at her. 
“Forgive us princess,” the Commander said as he look at Masyra “We swore an oath to the crown”
There’s silence that follows and the Commander order his men “Shield Wall!”

All the shields of the Knights are now facing Masyra with their spears on position. The Commander shed a tear as he look at Masyra “Forward!”
As the knights come closer to Masyra slowly, a human size bird descended from the sky in front of Masyra revealing her true mother, Maleficent with her large wings and horns. A distinctive roar of a dragon with black feathers then landed on the tower nearby.

The knights shiver in fear at such sight and fall back slowly with their trembling hands, a knight in dread and distress neglected his control and unintentionally throw his spear towards Masyra who then stop mid-air and was plunge back at his head.

“Not my daughter” Maleficent declares sternly and her wings flutter sending a blast of winds to the knights then followed by another. The knights then fall off the ground and Maleficent leap on air while Diaval the Dragon release flame to some.

Despite such reconciliation, Masyra ignore them all and walk towards the castle gates while she caress her fingers softly at the head of Jael. 
Maleficent watch from the air how her daughter make way and saw from the distance an upcoming group of cavalries. She then dive towards them sending them knocking off their horses as she pulls them off while flying. 

The people in horror by such sight as they cry and run anywhere for protection. Masyra then entered the castle gates by bursting the gates open, the knights then prepare their shields as she arrive and dark clouds sweep over.

Masyra stop upon seeing Sir Hubert appearing from the middle of the knights, gripping tightly on his walking stick as he walk towards her.
“Masyra,” the knight calls out “This is not you, so please stop this”

Despite the pleas of the knight, Masyra could only stroke her fingers on the hair of her knight and resume her walking. 

“Masyra please,” Hubert begs in a shaky voice “He won’t be happy upon seeing you like this”

“Humans,” Masyra whispers as she look directly at Hubert’s eyes “are vengeful creatures, and so am I”

Roots and branches of nearby trees then sprang from the ground rapidly surrounding the knights nearby.

They cry as thorn branches embrace them tight thrashing them through the wall of thorns that slowly spread across the kingdom. Masyra then walk towards the castle doors as the knights’ wail in pain, Sir Hubert tried to follow her but Maleficent descended from the sky landing in front of him.

Masyra continues her stroll and the castle door explode open and she then come inside without much thought, descending to the darkness of the castle.

Gavin then pull out his sword at the sight of her but Masyra only sent him flying, his head then hit the wall and he lost consciousness and lay flat on the ground. Masyra then headed quickly to the throne room and saw her sister sitting on the throne with a crown on her head.

“Kneel,” Aurora demands vigorously “Before your Queen”
“You’re,” Masyra replies in firm “no Queen to me”

Archers on the above point their arrows towards her and knights appear from the distance. With a command, all the archers release their arrows and again yet they all stop midway and then plunge directly to the knights below or back at them as she walk towards the throne.
Knights tried to attack him but then found themselves floating in the arrow and soon find their own swords and dagger thrusting on their bodies. Blood pours down and dead bodies fall down one by one, piling up the marble floor yet Masyra pay them no mind.

Aurora watch in horror as Masyra walks toward her, like a death herself coming to retrieve her. But instead of running away, the cursed princess wishes to accept her fate. She then stand on her seat and face Masyra.

Daggers then floated above Masyra, following her as she headed to her sister. A first dagger plunge towards Aurora’s right knee and she scream in pain followed by another on her left knee causing her to drop on the ground and kneel.

Tears rapidly fall down on her face as Aurora whines in pain. She then laughs in insanity upon seeing Jael’s head on Masyra’s hands as her blood scatter on the ground descending the throne stairs.

“You killed me once again,” Aurora claims as she look directly at the eyes of Masyra “Your ignorance killed me years ago and now, I have the power and took what you treasure the most yet the payment is my life. How life could be so cruel to me, Masyra?”
Masyra glare at Aurora in rage but the cursed princess chuckles “You may have kill me but this kingdom and its people will never be yours”

“It has never occur my mind to rule a Kingdom that contains monstrous people such as you” was only Masyra respond before a dagger plunge through Aurora’s heart, she then smile at Masyra before dropping on the marble floor along with the crown that falls off the ground.
Maleficent then grab Hubert, soaring to the air before shoving him hard to the ground.

“It was you!” Maleficent shriek in fury “It was you who took my daughter away from me!” 

The faerie then wrap her hands on Hubert’s neck who then gasped for breathe as life left him slowly. Diaval the Dragon then release fire to the three knights running for safety in the palace.

Masyra then appears, the green magic that used to surround her fades and Diaval landed on the ground, and without a word, Masyra climb to the dragon’s back. 

Diaval roars before soaring through the air, followed by Maleficent, leaving the Castle of Norwood in chaos and flames as tree branches and roots spread themselves shrouding the area yet Masyra never felt a single remorse at them all.