The inkling with no luck | PROLOUGE

Frye sat in the cafeteria alone, flicking grub into her mouth. She pondered to herself a lot. She thought about having a lover.
Even a friend would be nice. In truth, no one talked to her. She was way too weird for anyone to like, and she definitely wasn't going to be getting a boyfriend. She hated the thought of having a boyfriend. Her mother knew she was lesbian since she was 12, but no one else knew, or really cared.
Finally, lunch was over. She slumped out of the chair and went to maths class.. but then she saw something that made her pause in shock.

Such a beautiful octoling! She thought, I think her name is Shiver

Such a beautiful octoling! She thought, I think her name is Shiver.. I know she doesn't know who I am though.. Frye sped walk to her classroom before she was late.
All through the lecture she couldn't stop thinking about that girl she saw. She would tell mother about this as soon as she got home.
She skipped home happily in the rain. When she got in, she squeezed out the water from her little orange thing.
"Oh dear I'm so proud of you! You've found yourself a crush! Tell me, what does she look like?" They cycled through the different inkling hairstyles and Frye eventually agreed on one. She wondered what would happen if mother found out that she was an octo. Oh well, she could always tell her later..