Unoffical girlfriends (part 2)

THANK YOU FOR 100 READS!
I just wanna say real quick, I am so excited for the future of this story. Who knows, it might even get a sequel if it does well enough. Okay, I'm done talking now.

It was draining for most of the day, double maths, a french test, and now double PE. All Frye could do to keep her going was thinking of Valentine's Day, even if they still weren't dating. It was clear Shiver was way out of her league, and wasn't close to falling in love yet. She had to change something during the dance to change things.

Shiver ran over to her while the other teams were playing dodgeball, "Hey, Frye. I was just wondering, you want to go to that party, right? You'll have to be my valentine, though." She looked down at the floor, a bit embarrassed to be admitting she was practically using her to go to the party. "Oh, of course. I didn't think you knew, but I've been to a bunch of parties, I'm just at the back eating the cake!" They both laughed to themselves. The PE teacher blew the whistle, meaning that it was their time to play dodgeball. Frye was a lot faster than Shiver, but they was definitely better at dodging and aiming. So, they ended up winning. Even if it was just by 1 player.

Later that evening, they came back after tea in the cafeteria. "These outfits are new.. they must've put these in here for the dance." Frye said to herself. She laid on top of the bed, scrolling on her phone. She had tried all kinds of advice, but Shiver probably knew all this already and wouldn't be impressed. Shiver came in and tilted her head, "are you okay?" Frye nodded, but did not turn around. She sat on the bed. "Look, it's about the dance, isn't it?.. yeah, I know. You see.. I'm inlove with someone."

Frye's eyes darted across the room and stared at her in shock. "They're um.. not going to accept it, for sure. So I'm not going to ask them." Frye fell back onto the bed in a relief. She almost thought she had competition.
"Are you sure? Who would say no to you?" Frye tried cheering her up, but she said nothing. Her heart dropped as she heard the sound of Shiver crying.

She couldn't do anything. It was hopeless.