027

Season 8 Episode 17 - One Step Too Far

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"He's probably not cheating on you." Ivy reassured. Cristina and Owen have been going through a rough patch, and Cristina thinks Owen might be cheating on her with some nurse.

"Aren't friends supposed to validate your feelings?" Cristina scoffed, looking up at the ceiling.

Cristina had come over at six in the morning, barging into Ivy's room to rant about Owen. Meredith had already left for work with Derek, so Ivy was the only person she had to rant to. Ivy didn't hear the first half of her rant, seeing as she was still asleep, but she did hear the part were Cristina was panicking about Owen and the nurse.

Ivy, still barely awake, pressed herself up so that she could look at Cristina. "Well what do you want me too say? You're right, Cristina, Owen is definitely cheating on you."

Cristina squinted her eyes at Ivy, "That's not helpful either!"

"You're the one who barged in here at...what time is it?" Ivy paused in the middle of her thought.

"6:20."

"You're the one who barged in here 6:20 in the God forsaken morning, to rant about your husband who probably isn't cheating on you!" Ivy spoke, looking down at her friend.

There was a long pause. Ivy and Cristina just looked at each other.

"Okay, but what if he is cheating on me?" Cristina asked, again.

"Oh, good lord." Ivy thew herself back into her bed, pulling the covers over her head as she groaned.

***

Catherine Avery was in town, and despite the woman being his mother, Jackson was in a frantic state. Jackson had come up with this elaborate plan for them too avoid his mother at all cost. Ivy and Mark found it rather amusing, but they didn't tell him that.

"Okay, let's go over the the game plan again." Jackson followed closely Mark in the lab.

Ivy quietly groaned, "We've gone over the plan three times already."

"If we see my mother, we're buried with work today." Jackson ignored Ivy. "And...you're sorry but Jackson has no time to spend with her, okay?"

"Why do you hate you mother, exactly?" Ivy asked from her seat at the table that Mark was working at.

Before Jackson could respond, the lab doors opened, and in walked none other than Catherine Avery.

"There you are." Catherine smiled, walking into the room.

"Dr. Avery." Mark greeted, standing up to face her.

"Oh, Dr. Sloan. How nice to see you again." She shook hand with Mark. "Now move outta my way so I can see my boy." Mark did as he was told and stepped away so that Catherine could kiss Jackson's cheek. "You look skinny. Tell me you did not forget your tux."