036

Season 9 Episode 7 - I Was Made for Lovin' You

Alex had put Ivy in charge of buy the groceries, since Ivy was known for her cooking

Alex had put Ivy in charge of buy the groceries, since Ivy was known for her cooking. She had a couple of hours before her shift started, and seeing as they had no food and were living off of Burger King, Ivy decided it was time to get some food.

As she walked down the breakfast isle, she suddenly felt something crash into her. Ivy looked up and saw a man, with a now drenched suit on.

"Oh, my god. I am so so so sorry." Ivy apologized to the man. "Uh, here, use this." Ivy handed him a cloth that was in her cart. "I'm so sorry. Was that suit expensive?"

The man chuckled, "Maybe just a little bit."

"Shit. I'm so sorry." Ivy continuously apologized.

"It's okay. It's okay. I've got another one in my car." The man spoke, Ivy frowning her eyes.

"You just keep suits in your car? That's normal." Ivy laughed.

The man smiled, "I'm a lawyer, so have suits handing is helpful."

"Ah. Well I live in scrubs so I don't know what that's like." Ivy shrugged.

"Scrubs? You're a doctor?"

Ivy nodded, "Yeah. I'm a double board certified surgeon at Seattle Grace Mercy West. Plastics and orthopedic."

"Suddenly I feel very low class." The man joked. "Max Prescott." He held out his free hand for her to shake.

"Ivy Sloan." Ivy shook hands with the guy, now known as Max. "Well, I should go. I'm sorry about your suit, again."

"It's alright. Nice to meet you, Ivy." Max smiled.

"You too, Max."

***

The attendings of Seattle Grace Mercy West we're all gathered in a conference room. Owen was giving them some regular updates of the week. Ivy sat at the desk, listening in on Owen's speech. Only, now and then she would find herself glancing at Jackson, who stood at the back of the room. What she failed to realize, was Jackson was as glancing at her from time to time.

"And I had to rearrange some of your surgeries. Check the O.R. board for any changes. I have one last thing to say. Some of you, uh, may run into Arizona Robbins today. It's her first day back." Owen informed the group, everyone cheering out in response. "So if you see her, just make her feel welcome."

"Or maybe...maybe just don't make a big deal at all. It might be better." Callie interjected from the back of the room.

Owen nodded, "Noted. Thank you." Everyone went to leave, but Owen stopped them. "Oh, oh, hold on. I just want to address one more thing. Um, most of you are aware that a group of our doctors have filed a lawsuit against our hospital. Some of you may be wondering what this all means and how it's gonna effect our staff. I'd like to be clear. It doesn't...at all. Let's just let the lawyers worry about that. That's their job. Our job is to continue to work together and support each other in giving the great standard of care that we have always given. Let's not let something like this get in the way of that. Thank you." Owen dismissed the group.