031

Season 8 Episode 24 - Flight

Life is a complicated thing. You're born. You go through puberty. Maybe you go to college. You get married, have kids. Then the next thing you know, you're lying six feet under. Dead.

Ivy Sloan never feared death. Of course, like anyone, she didn't want to die. But it's never been something to scare her. But then again, she'd never had a near death experience.

Until now.

Arizona's screaming could be heard in the distance. Birds flew in the baby blue sky. Trees surrounded Ivy as she laid on the ground.

Ivy woke up with a sharp pain coming from her ribs. She lightly touched it, but a sharp jolt rushed through her body, causing her to scream in pain.

Ivy looked around and saw the remains of the plane scattered around the forest. She slowly sat up, and noticed a piece of wood, most likely from a cabinet, lodged into her forearm.

"Shit." She breathed at the sight. "Cristina! Meredith! Mark!" Ivy called out, slowly getting up, grabbing her ribs with her other hand.

Arizona's screams could still be heard echoing in the distance.

"Mark! Lexie! Derek!" Ivy continued to call out.

"Ivy! Over here!" Cristina shouted back. Ivy walked over towards Cristina's voice.

"Cristina, I need you to pull out this piece of wood." Ivy told.

"Holy shit. Okay." Cristina grabbed the wood firmly. "One. Two." Without warning, Cristina pulled the wood out of Ivy's arm, causing her to scream in agony. "Here. Use this."

Cristina handed her a cloth to wrap around her forearm, which Ivy immediately took. She wrapped it carefully around her arm, squeezing it tightly.

Meredith laid down on the ground, looking up at the sky. "Mer?" Cristina walked over towards her. "Meredith. Meredith! Get up! You have to get up now! Meredith! Get up!" Cristina urged, helping her up, but started to scream. "Oh, god."

"How long was I out?" Meredith croaked.

"I don't—I...I don't know. I...I lost my shoe." Cristina observed her bare foot.

"Aah!" Meredith grunted, pulling a piece of glass out of her skin.

"Mark!" Ivy yelled. When she saw him barely standing, she ran over to help me. "Mark! Mark, can you hear me?"

"Wh—what happened? Wh...where's Lexie?" Mark asked, disoriented.

"Mark, the plane crashed. I don't know where Lexie is. We'll find her. Sit down, Mark." Ivy helped him sit down on a part of, what was, the front half of the plane. "Stay here."

"What happened?" Ivy heard Meredith ask as she wakes back over towards the two.

"The plane crashed. That's what happened. We were in a plane and it crashed. Plane crash." Cristina spelled it out.