2.) The Flashback

Author's Note: The first half of this chapter is a flashback

Author's Note: The first half of this chapter is a flashback. Trigger Warning: Violence, mentions of drug use, intoxication, sexual content, amongst other things are in this chapter, read at your own risk!!

~*~~*~

Las Vegas, Three Years Ago:

I tried to push down the anxiety I felt as I watched Sylvie make her way from the bar with a few shots.

She had convinced me to come with her for a fun night out but I was hesitant even now as we stood in a new nightclub that had only just opened a few months ago.

I pushed away the troubled thoughts and pasted a smile on my face as she made it to the table and handed me a shot, slice of lemon, and salt.

"Bottoms up, babe!" Sylvie yells at me over the roaring music and noise of the club we were currently standing in as she hands me a shot of tequila as we waited for our two friends to arrive.

"It feels good to be legal now..." I mumbled as I licked the strip of salt off my hand, knocked back the shot of tequila, scrunching my face as I felt the familiar burn of the alcohol slide down my throat.

"Feels good to be able to blow off some steam." She deadpanned as she motions for more shots.

"Don't I know it." I sigh as I take the next shot and knock it back without wincing this time.

"Finding anyone interesting?" Nat asked as she and Yelena arrived.

"Not yet. It's too early to tell though.." I replied as Yelena slammed her shot down.

"Let's dance, while those two get some more shots." She told me as she pulled me away from the table, and pulled us in the direction of the dance floor.

We're in the reserved section of the club, Sylvie's parents paid for it, so the table was ours for the night.

The place is swarming with people tonight. Although the lighting is dim, my eyes scan the room, taking in every detail of the club. Admiring the design and details of the place. It had a fire theme to it.

The decor had a mix of different materials, and color schemes, all varying black, fiery red and orangey hues, along with gold, and silver sprinkled here and there. There's a huge fire pit in the middle of the room surrounded by reserved tables, and smaller ones in the corners of the room.

There's a large section reserved specifically to dance.

The bar is made of thick, transparent materials, and the backdrop has a huge fire hologram around it.

As we made our way, I noticed men of intimidating proportions standing near every entrance.

I hesitate for a second before shaking the feeling and following Sylvie to the dance floor.