7.) Honesty

I woke the next morning feeling overheated and unable to move.

The sun was beaming through the partially opened curtains, hitting me square in the face causing me to wince.

As I slowly peeled my lids back, flinching as the light hit my eyes, I groaned and tried to move.

His thick muscular arm hugged me close to his side, sometime during the night we must have shifted position.

I inhaled his natural masculine scent, mixed with the remainder of the cologne he wore when he arrived ensnared my senses. I gently tried to roll off of him when I felt the sudden urge to go to the bathroom.

He groaned, and mumbled something in a foreign tongue, before flexing his hold on me the moment I tried to move away. The moment I did, he turned his body on the bed and pulled me back into his body. His nose rubbed into the cork of my neck before he relaxed and fell asleep again letting out a little snore.

I whimpered, as I felt his arm press down and into my bladder, causing me to wince.

"James...." I groaned.

"What?" He groaned back, lifting his head slightly to look up at me through sleepy eyes.

I held back a smile at how cute he looked before he blinked and opened his eyes.

"I have to pee," I tell him.

He sighed, as he pulled his arm away, and pulled my pillow to him, hugging it as he closed his eyes again.

I quickly slid out of the bed, before rushing to the bathroom, wincing as I relieved myself, sighing in relief.

When I padded back into the room, I sighed and made my way back to the closest to change.

"Where are you going?" he asked, his voice thick with sleep.

I pull on a long sleeve, some fleece-lined skin-tone leggings, my black thigh-high boots, and a black sweater dress, before walking out of the closet.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked him, raising a brow.

"You're my wife. I think that gives me reason enough." He says as he sits up.

I roll my eyes at him before making my way to the bathroom to fix my hair and makeup.

I curl my hair, brushing out the curls before adding a pretty black bow before turning to look at myself in the mirror.

Once I am ready, I take my favorite perfume, spraying the inside of my wrists, the sides of my neck, and between my breasts before walking out.

As I am about to walk out of the room, I feel his strong grip wrap around my upper arm and pull me to a stop before slowly turning me to face him.

I noticed that he has changed already.

He's wearing a pair of dark-washed jeans, a black button-down, a dark blue cashmere sweater, and Chelsea boots. His thick, trench coat lying on the bed.

"I asked you a question." He says.

I sigh, "My mother, aunt, and I were going to go out for breakfast, maybe go check out the rest of the museums, and shop some more. Maybe try a new restaurant." I answer.

He nods, "I'm going with you." He says.

I look up at him in surprise, "You are? Aren't you busy or something?" I asked.

He shakes his head, "You were right last night, about everything. But just because we've been strangers living together doesn't mean we have to continue to be like that. Starting today things are gonna change." He tells me.

I blink in surprise. "R-Really?" I asked.

He nods, "Of course. You're my wife. It's time I start treating you as such." He says.

I swallow around the knot in my throat. "Did you- Did you ever treat Leah like this?" I asked hesitantly.

He snorts, "Hell no. Hell, I never even consummated the marriage, let alone acknowledged her presence." He informed me.

I stared up at him, in disbelief, "But that..." I began as he nodded.

"I hated that bitch with my very being. We made each other's lives a living hell. I swore that I would get paid back for everything Pierce did. Her death was just the tip of the iceberg. Once I'm through with him, he'll regret everything he's ever done." He promises.

I look down at the ring on my left ring finger, and twist it, swallowing around the knot I feel in my throat. "Do you promise?" I asked, thickly.

I feel his thumb and forefinger lift my chin to force me to look up at him.

"I promise." He says. "Now let's go have breakfast, I'm starving." He says.

I nod, as we both turn to the door and make our way to where I knew it was my mother's room.

My head repeating and spinning everything that we said last night unsure of what I should feel about this.