6.) Playing Coy

I hardly slept throughout the night as my thoughts plagued my mind

Couldn’t. Bucky's words from earlier bounced around in my head as I did.

How can he be claiming all of that, when he married his ex-wife, Leah?

How can he even think that it's okay to bring up all of our past when it's clearly a sore subject for both of us? Does he not realize what it has cost me and my parents?

Why the hell does he keep bringing it up?

I was beginning to believe that something I didn't know happened that day. That there was a reason why it did. But why is he only trying to tell me now? What changed?

I had to find out.

***

I laid in bed until late morning, then, once confirming that Bucky had left, I slid out of bed, and made my way to my shower.

I scrubbed myself raw, before getting out, and heading into the closet to get dressed.

I dressed casually, in a pair of sleek, high-waisted, dark-washed jeans, a khaki silk blouse, and a pair of beige heels.

Deciding to only put minimal makeup on, and my hair up in an elegant twist before I made my way down the stairs.

I found the house eerily silent.

I decided that today instead of going out, that I would check out the house.

Up until now, I hadn't exactly seen anything besides my room, the living room, kitchen, and wine cellar.

So, I took my time, going through each room of the house.

The second and third floors are mainly full of guest rooms, a library, and a solarium.

The first floor had another solarium,  but this one was nothing compared to the one on the third floor.

There was yet another library, and a large office.

I had tried to go into one of the doors but it was heavily locked.

Besides that there was the garage, which was a different building, and the security room.

Aside from that were two more rooms, which doubled as a smoke room and wine room. The smoke room had large leather arm chairs and leather loveseats.

While the wine room was monochromatically decorated, and held a white overstuffed sectional, along with two wingbacks.

Kelsey told me that there was a gym downstairs, complete with a sauna, and pool.

I checked those out too, before heading upstairs to look through my closet for a pair of lounge wear.