The Last Hope

Heey everyone.

Here's another prologue I've been meaning to upload for quite a while :D

Tell me what you think??    ^_^

Rich red blood slowly ran down the left side of my once flawless face; cuts and bruises adorned every last inch of my body. The torture had lasted for hours now, they came every thirty minutes or so and would try everything in their power to make me tell them about who I am. They keep telling me that I’ll talk eventually, that everyone talks; well I have a news flash for them, I’m not everyone.

The damp surface of the underground tunnel I was currently contained in began to drip slowly, the drops of freezing cold moisture hitting my hand. The tunnel was once an old underground train station, but now it was only a demonic torture chamber.

The concrete floors and walls all stained with blood, all stained with the blood of my people that have came here before me.

I froze and glared angrily as Isaac, my torturer entered the room again for the 5th time. He wasn’t carrying a weapon, which meant he relied on his own words; a very unwise choice.

“What’s the date?” I spat as he slowly approached me, taking care so that he didn’t stand on the puddles of blood on the floor.

“I told you before and I’ll tell you again, you can know the freaking date after you give us some answers,”  Isaac’s voice escalated as I attempted to break out of the wooden chair that held me captive,

“I don’t know why I’m here, who you think I am, or how the hell you found me,” I snapped, rocking the chair back and forth, trying to break the ropes that were firmly tied around me,

Isaac  grinned slyly, which made me regret everything I had just said. I must have said something to spark his interest,

“You know there have been others before you,” Isaac began cunningly as he circled both me and the chair, “So many. Yet none of them ever tell us exactly what we want to hear.”

“Your point is?” I asked coldly, trying as hard as I could not to show how much his words were impacting me.

“I have reason to believe you know someone, like you, that goes by the name of Travis?” 

Travis. He was my whole world, the only other person in this whole universe that was like me. Without him, I would be the last of my kind.

I watched solemnly as a triumphant expression flashed across Isaac’s face,

“So you do know Travis? Because he sure knew you,” he continued to circle me whilst glaring intently,

“I won’t say a word to you,” I murmured persistently,

“Travis told us exactly where to find you, told us you were the last one, that you were the head of their whole rescue mission,” He continued, completely ignoring my comment,

“He would never,” I assured myself,

“Ah, but he did. And thanks to him we have you.” Isaac grinned victoriously as he backed away towards the door that led out of the underground tunnel we were currently in.

“I’m going to leave for a while Alyssa, be ready to talk when I get back. My knife arrives with me next time,”

“Whatever you creep,” I mumbled as he climbed up several concrete steps and through the only exit.

As soon as I knew he was gone, I began to relax. I released my tensed muscles and began to clear my mind. All my people; all of my species, they had all died here at one point. But not me, I’m smarter and I remembered rule number one of our training: Your abilities are useless without a clear mind.

“Well Isaac, you’ll never see this coming,” I murmured as I slowly stretched the rope out sideways, gradually snapping the rope.

Once I was free of the ropes I jumped out of the chair and stretched, I’d been waiting to do that for a long time. It was impossible to do it earlier because of the amount of sedation they had given me.

The tunnel was located somewhere in America; I knew it was a stupid move to travel from Britain to America but I had to go and find Travis. At the time it seemed like a necessary risk.

A risk I should never have taken.

I am Alyssa Watson, and I am now the last hope for my species.