Chapter 2

Okay guys, I really need to know what you think about this story so far.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated ^_^

Thanks :D

-------------------------------------------------------------

The drifting clouds slowly travelled across the evening sky, all four suns of my home planet Quantera shone brightly; too brightly.

“Alyssa? Is that you?” a frail woman asked from behind,

“Grandmother?” I replied both confused and surprised.

I turned and recognised her instantly.

“Alyssa, my darling,” she exclaimed as she ran over and embraced me, her wavy snow white hair resting on my shoulders.

We stayed in each other’s arms for a long time; tears began to flow from my eyes as I pushed her away.

“How am I here grandmother? I can’t be here. I’m on Earth.”

“You are on earth, I’ve just brought you here because I had to say good bye; your body on earth is fine. It’s just in a peaceful sleeping state,”

“It can’t be time yet grandmother,” I said, in hope that this was only an early farewell.

“Look at the sky darling,” she sighed; shaking her head in dismay, “Someone is heating up the suns my daughter. We all knew this day would come; as did you. But I wanted to be sure you understood the task ahead of you.”

“I don’t understand grandmother. I thought my task was to bring my people to earth.”

“No, no.” she murmured disappointingly.

“Then what?” I asked, hurt that I had been kept half in the dark about what I was supposed to be doing on Earth.

“I can’t tell you now my dear; there’s no more time left,” she said quickly.

I stared over towards the suns once more. The largest of our suns was beginning to explode into billions of pieces, shortly followed by the others.

“Alyssa, you must leave now. I can’t bear to see you watch me die. There is a book hidden on Earth. Find it and you will know what you must do next.”

“I can’t leave you. I can’t.” I sobbed watching as my surroundings began to fade.

“You must. I’m sorry. I will miss you greatly my love, and I wish you good luck in your future travels,”

I watched as tears began to slowly roll down her face; she smiled and waved; not daring to hold me again, in fear the she would never let go

Just as I was beginning to see nothing but the blackness and despair I heard a faint voice yell,

“Tamara knows about the book. Find Tamara; find the book.”

After that I neither heard nor saw nothing but the emptiness of my own mind.

-----------------------------------------------

“Alyssa? Alyssa? Please tell me you’re not dead,” a male voice cried,

“Why would I be dead,” I mumbled, slowly regaining consciousness.

“You’re alive,” he yelled excitedly.

“Of course I am you futile human,” I groaned, slowly sitting up.

I looked up at the boy; he grinned back excitedly showing his perfectly white teeth.