☆~Chapter 6~☆

A/N
Okay so before we start this chapter, 2 things..
1. MAKI LOOKS SO CUTE IN THIS PHOTO
2. So most of my books (excluding No Longer Perfect, I hate royalty and my oneshots) are all connected into one universe, for example this book is kinda the past of Discovering the Mafia, My Stalker is also connected but is in the future of this book and in the present of DtM, I won't give spoilers but sometimes I won't update certain stories for a while bc I'm working on lore for the other stories to tie it all in so it makes sense.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly massaged my wrist after the father threw me down on the chair in front of his desk, jeez it stung.

"Maki, I'm sure we both know why you're here talking to me when I should be spending my time-" My father began before I interrupted him.

"Spending your valuable time making valuable weapons so others can be kept safe? So that the business lives on?" I sighed, crossing my arms and legs.

"I'm glad you've got the hang of it, and I bet you're glad that I'm in a good mood today." My father gave me a fake toothy smile that he normally gave to the Akamatsu family. "Moving on, I have come to the belief that while you were enjoying your time 'competeing' with the Akamatsu daughter, she brainwashed you! Without you knowing it, she began to possess you! You've seen those videos of people basically hypnotizing snakes with those instruments! She must've done that to you!"

"Father, how would that make sense? Snake luring only works on snakes." Was my father really an idiot? Probably..

"She must've used a different method! She played you another kind of-!"

"Father, I hate to interrupt once more, but Akamatsu didn't play me any music."  My father sat there flabbergasted for a few moments before he went back to his composure.

"Then she must've done something to your ramen while you weren't looking!"

"That wouldn't make sense, the workers made our ramen and I kept a close eye on my food."

"Then she must've-!"

"Father, why must you insist that I'm going crazy or I've been brainwashed? Why can't you just understand that I've had a change of perception about the Akamatsu's?"

We sat there in silence for a few moments before my father finally spoke.

"Get out, do your homework and go to bed. I don't want to see you at dinner, I want you to think about what you did."

I quickly stood up and headed to my room silently. I sat down at my desk and resumed my sewing homework.. Jeez, it was much harder without Shuichi around.. I ended up messing up my stitches so much that I opened up my laptop to look up how to sew until I saw a video on my recommendations tab..

The cover looked like Akamatsu playing a piano.. The title saying: 'Kaede Akamatsu playing at local children's orphanage!'.. I twitched a smile and clicked the video.. Akamatsu was playing a very beautiful song.. It was so calming.. I caught myself humming to it, what was the song?
I had to know!
I'd have to ask her about it tomorrow.. But that's when I started to examine the background of the video.. It was.. The same orphanage I went to!
The video had only been uploaded an hour ago.. I didn't tell her anything about the orphanage, sure the media knew I was adopted and all that but nobody knew of the orphanage I went to..

What did she know about me, that I didn't know about her..?